Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Day One of my Puddenless exile. This morning when I left her she looked so very abused and unloved. She always goes with Mama, but this early a.m. at 7 o clock she had to be left behind as Mama trudged out into the snow alone...

now I'm in Bethel for the night, puddenless and pathetic.

But then I got an e-mail from the Pudden letting me know that my DN (dear neighbor) came and rescued her an hour or so later and that she went over to Garp's house and dug a hole under the willow bush while Garp watched and then they sat together on the porch for a while and then she did jumping jacks in front of the door and demanded entry into the house, and, when the service personnel did not appear quickly enough, operated the door handle and let herself into the entry way, where she promptly and swiftly acquired 2.5 waiting doggie dinners that were soaking innocently away for the evening catering, plus knocked over a box of doggie cookies, all this before noon. Now the Pudden wants to know how come there are never 2.5 dinners before noon at OUR house, and whether that's going to change for the better in the future when Mama returns from her travels.

P.S.: DN is developing the fast reflexes necessary around that Pudden child.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Sounds like Pudden is making her time very useful and keeping busy. LOL

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
A Puddens gotta do what a Puddens gotta do!! LOL love your stories.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Glad to see that Pudden, the Wild Child, is keeping her spirits up while her Mama is away.
Keep busy Pudden and the time will fly.

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
Well, Pudden must keep herself occupied somehow while Mama is away and God forbid she should waste away to nothing while you are gone!

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
LOL that was great. Postcards from home. Sounds like the Pudden is training the neighbors well. I had to drop my two at doggie daycare this morning and when I went to pick them up they were both in the principals office :p: Apparently Oakly decided to be the hall monitor and police the entire operation.

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
poor Momma, I think momma is missing pudden a bit more than pudden is missing momma!
Love your stories! You need to write a book!

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
Oh,Pudden.wild child!!!!Mama will be home soon!I hope you brining extra special treats for her.So,what is extra special over there?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Pudden is trying to make it so DN never ever again offers to help so pudden has to go with you. I know how pudden feels - when I miss someone those cookies sure are good. Pudden is just using food as a diversion to missing you. Hope your not gone long, Pudden might blow if this is the buffet on the first day.

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
service personnel .... LOL I love your Pudden stories, I would read the book the life and times of Pudden.

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Pudden is missing her mum, and she is turning to comfort food, bless her she is only trying to make the time pass quickly before she sees you again.

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
Thats just to darn funny:). Pudden you better stop being such a problem child....or else!!!!

·
Momma to angel Cody
5,044 Posts
Pudden child, you'd best leave those 2.5 dinners alone lest your portion reduces to zero, courtesy of pissed off service personnel. Your mama will rescue you soon enough, so meantime, try to be a good house guest:)

·
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
updated e-mail from Pudden: she had no further misdeeds, but was restless at neighbor's place at night and demanded to be brought next door to my place, where she immediately nestled in her favorite chair for the night. Then in early a.m., DN let her out to pee, after which she went straight back to her chair for a post-breakfast nap. After that she went to neighbor's place to hang with Garp for the day.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts