Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Luke, Maggie, and Tucker
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But I found this on Columbus Craigslist. I have passed it onto a few people/rescues, but the owners keep reposting so I'm assuming they haven't found a new home yet.

Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2008-06-04, 11:58PM EDT

I have to be out of my house in a month and i need to place some of my animals in new homes....I have a 4 year old female golden retriever ,1 male Guinea pigs,a cockatiel,I am asking re-homing fees for all of them please call 740-467-7076 thank you i also have some cages,dryers,bird cages....

·
Premium Member
17,931 Posts
Hmmm, which rescues have you sent the info to?

·
Luke, Maggie, and Tucker
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Golden Endings and GRIN (Golden Retriever in Need), both Ohio Golden Rescues.

Maybe they won't give her to a rescue because they're trying to make a profit off of her? They specifically state in their add that they're asking re-homing fees for all of their pets...?

·
Luke, Maggie, and Tucker
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just resent e-mails to both of the rescues with the ad again, so, I guess we'll see. I'm tempted to e-mail the owner, pay the re-homing fee, and take her to a rescue myself? I would take her, but I cannot have any other dogs. There is a three dog limit in my county and my house is to the max. ;)

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Maybe someone from one of the rescues will contact you back to let you know what they are going to do? You might send a email to the person with the ad too to tell them about the rescues being the way to go to determine they get a good home. If they love their dog and want to make sure they are safe they should go that route.

·
Luke, Maggie, and Tucker
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up e-mailing the poster about local rescues and they replied back that they were going to continue to try to find a home (I'm sure to try and get some money out of their poor, sweet dog) before they would turn her over to a rescue.

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
I would call the number and suggest rescue to the person. Maybe they don't know about rescues. If they care about their golden, you'd think they'd go that route.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts