Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Gable came down with something. He hasn't seemed to feel very well the past couple of days so when I took Olivia in for her second set of shots, I had him checked out. Lymph nodes were fine, his heart and lungs sounded good, but he had a temp of 105. He was very excited by being in the office but the vet still felt that it was too high. He is on doxycycline for the next ten days.
She gave him a shot yesterday and then started the pills today. He is pretty wiped out right now. Too late to keep him away from Olivia but she doesn't seem effected as of yet but will keep a close eye.
Just want him to feel better real soon.

Attachments

·
Kodasmomma
1,482 Posts
Awww poor pup. Hope he feels better soon and doesn't pass it on to his sister! For now, he looks pretty comfy and I am sure he will gets lots of love and kisses to ease his discomfort! :)

·
New Mommy
6,137 Posts
Poor little boy. Get well soon !!

·
Pippa and Watson’s mom
611 Posts
Aww, poor guy, I hope he feels better soon. He certainly looks like he’s getting the absolute best care :wave:

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So do I. I don't like when he feels under the weather. Having the "icks" is never fun.

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Hope your boy feels better very quickly

·
Maggie Mae's Mom Too!
597 Posts
Nothing like a sofa snug festival when you don't feel well.... give a smooches and huggums from Tucker and I.... Feel better little man... <3

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Gable

I hope Gable feels better very soon. That is such a cute picture of him in bed.
What are his symptoms? What did the vet think it could be?

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The only symptom that I noticed was he seemed a little worn out and had clear liquid running from his nose occasionally. He saw nothing except the temperature. He did cough in the morning for two mornings a few days ago but it only happened once and then got over it.
The vet thought it might be an upper respiratory infection. Lymph nodes, hearth and lungs all fine. Eating and drinking fine as well.

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
Aw, I hope he feels better soon. He looks so cute all tucked in bed and looks like he is waiting for his bowl of soup and a hot rag for his head.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Walex

Walex

So glad to hear lymph nodes, heart and lungs are all good! Hoping GABLE feels better in no time!

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He seems to feel a little better today. Not as "grumpy". Olivia had her first training lesson today (on her 10 week birthday) and Gable gets a half an hour at the end to keep him working. These are in home training. Both of them did very well today.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts