Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Friday I had an appointment with a new vet at a new practice (new to Milly and I), and I was thrilled. I had been feeling like my old vet and their practice was all about $'s, and doing unnecessary procedures. I had been stressing about things that the second opinion said really were not issues at all. I walked out with my vet's personal email, a practice that matches 1-800 pet meds prices, and a wonderful reassurance that no Milly does not have all of these problems the other vet said she had, and those test results (urine crystals) were because of her strange lack of water drinking - she drinks, but only if I sit with her... so I add water to her food to get more in her. Sometimes you just have to follow your gut and get a second opinion. I'm thrilled with my new vet, and she explained everything to me. She sat with me and went over all of Milly's old bloodwork results from the old vet, and there were some areas the old vet totally missed that we need to monitor, and things the old vet said needed complete bloodwork every 3 months that really are in perfectly normal range. Not to mention, the new vet is half the cost of the old! :)

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
That is just wonderful. Glad that you found a vet that cares about Milly and not the bottom line. It is a nice feeling.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Sounds like your gut feeling paid off for both you and Milly. It is great you now have a vet you can reach and can trust. I live in a one vet town but I'm very happy with the one we have here now. He really listens well and explains things thoroughly.

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
what great news! It's so very important to have a vet you trust.

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
Wonderful!!!!!!! So happy for you and Milly!

We changed vet's after our last vet couldn't diagnose our sweet Max (misdiagnosed)
Anyway, we love our new (for 11 years : ) vet but they are more expensive. We don't care!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts