Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks
As some of you may already know, I went on a waiting list in October last year for a puppy. The dam just went into heat last weekend and the breeder is doing the progesterone testing, etc etc to know when to mate her. She was expected to go into heat in November but it came 2 months late, and for a while I was thinking that it was never going to happen!

When I went on the waiting list, there were 3 people on the waiting list. Now there are close to 30, and the breeder told me she is happy that I've made the effort to keep in contact with her (I called her 5 times over the past 2-3 months - more impatience on my part than anything else!). She also interviewed me back then and learnt about my lifestyle and we agreed that both of us would feel better if we let her pick the most suitable puppy for me.

Anyhow so the due date should be in late March, and I can expect to have the new member of my house back home in middle of May. It seems such a long time away, but I'm excited and can't wait!

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
Wow, congratulations! All I have to say is that I was in your shoes last year (it sounds like the exact same scenario... Looking in October. Bred in January, due in March and home in May).

·
Official Trout Bum
4,216 Posts
Congratulations...happy times await you!:)

Pete

1 - 4 of 4 Posts