Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the potato away from Layla...the potato is a favorite toy of Layla and Hurley, it is actually one of those squeekers you replace in a stuffy which has long since been shredded. Layla loves to stuff the potato under the sofa or chair, and then claw away underneath trying to get it...she has shredded the upholstery on the bottom of the chair. When she can't get it she cries until we get it for her.... it get's annoying.

So the other day I told hubby to back me up on this, each time she stuffed the potato under something and we had to get it we took it away and put it on top of our hutch. Now that stinker sits in front of the hutch and whines constantly. If we give in and give it back to her, she immediately shoves it under the furniture. I don't know how many more times we will have to do this before she learns....ARGH! She has us trained well...

She is lucky she is so darned cute!

·
The Truth Is Out There
258 Posts
what a clever girl.

Thankfuly Max doesn't play much in the house, but he does sit and stair at me for know reason. lol

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Caue and I play that same game here with tennis balls. Thankfully I have many so I can usually just point him to another until all the balls are under the furniture.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Your dog has already learned the power of persistence!
She is a brilliant human-trainer!

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
Today I earned the "bad momma" title by taking away an empty milk jug that the Goldens were apparently using to play a wild game of soccer with! The noise, and speed, was unreal. Now they are all lying on the floor staring at the jug on top of the refrigerator ;)

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
Lucky Layla!

I got in trouble yesterday, too because I took away Molson's bed to wash it. I guess Molson didn't realize that the reason I needed to wash it was because he barfed on it after he broke into the Living Room and ate a bunch of Christmas cookies and wrapping paper! :doh: And I'M the bad one!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep she is brilliant and STUBBORN! I think she is taking lessons from the sibe...cause Aiyana was always such a joy, and Dream easy peasy....both very well mannered, obedient retrievers. Layla is like a chihuaha in half a goldens body - talk about little dog syndrome... LMAO.

Ahhh the milk jug on the fridge... I have that and a 12 pack box up there LOL.
Layla loves the cardboard...she shreds it and Hurley eats it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
LOL!

our layla does the same thing. balls specifically. she shoves them all under the couch and lays in front of it kicking her legs trying to get it and it drives everyone INSANE. it's so annoying that we end up always getting it for her only for her to do it again.

if we get it and hide it, she cries, kicks the sofa some more, and cries.

oh, puppies...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts