Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm visiting lauderdale for xmas and we're 11 stories up (god help me) and i have to lug her through the lobby (they make me carry her; she's 40 lbs and i'm 5'1". it looks ridiculous.)

anyway, i bring her out into the hallway to throw her ball around 10 or so times because i can't really run her next to the busy road.

anyway, i just spent the past 45 minutes to an hour trying to chase the little monster up and down my father's condo hall. everytime i finally got close to her she either:
a. bolted zoomie style past/under/around me.
b. snapped like a crazy woman at my short strings/sweater.

constantly recoiling, wrinkling her little nose and ripping more holes into my clothing.

did not respond to no, down, off, anything. i finally got a hold of her and had to just hold her still until she snapped out of it.

not to mention, the lunatic ran down to the end of the hall way and took a horse sized poop on someone's christmas door mat.

thank god nobody saw any of this. at least she's finally asleep... :doh:

/rant

·
where the tails wag
13,384 Posts
Okay, I know you are frustrated but I would seriously suggest you try to find a kennel that will board her while you are visiting. She is young and full of energy, while you sound like you are frustrated, angry and out of patience... not a good combination.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a crate, i'm just ranting because i've never witnessed her go this nuts with zoomies. it was just an idea to run her energy out that she TOTALLY took advantage of, lol. :(

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
do you own a flexi-leash? While I generally don't care for them, this is a situation in which it would be VERY helpful!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have a flexi leash but i put too much faith into her, i guess. never again! i'm only here for a few more days. i've thought about sneaking her onto the beach but she has a little hotspot sore under her tail and i don't wanna get sand in it. :(

LOL, i could not stop laughing. i would say "NO!" and then laugh because she's so darn cute. totally counterproductive. i have never heard her gurgle and play-growl like that. what a monster.

·
Daisy - my heart
12,575 Posts
Dang, you sure got my attention with the title to this thread LOL

I'm glad you're laughing now. Keep the humor! These days will pass soon enough and someday you're going to miss these crazy puppy antics with all your heart. I would give anything to have just one more day of my dog as a puppy again...she's 9 years old now.

Hang in there :)

·
Premium Member
18,458 Posts
i have a flexi leash but i put too much faith into her, i guess. never again! i'm only here for a few more days. i've thought about sneaking her onto the beach but she has a little hotspot sore under her tail and i don't wanna get sand in it. :(

LOL, i could not stop laughing. i would say "NO!" and then laugh because she's so darn cute. totally counterproductive. i have never heard her gurgle and play-growl like that. what a monster.
Laughing at her is the best medicine for you in this situation. Puppies are so much fun if you can get past the frustration (and they do generate frustration!) and just laugh at them.

If it happens again, you run the other way, she will chase you, lol.

By the way, where was the video camera?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
she's on the floor under my desk sound asleep. go figure.

and yes, i worried about the title after i wrote it! my sarcasm fails to deliver over the internet, lol.

i seriously considered grabbing the camera but i left it in the car. it would have been a priceless video. i'm sure she'll be up for round two after she wakes up so maybe i'll grab the camera!

i was ninja cleaning up poop as fast as i could as she was behind me trying to pull me over by my sweater, lol. :( i wish i could have taped that.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Yep, I got a good laugh out of your post... this too shall pass - some day LOL.

Layla has been horrible the last few days, constant zoomies. We have been warning her that Santa is going to leave coal in her stocking, but she would probably like it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol, i don't want it to pass but i'd prefer the crazy fun without her mouth daggers. still praying for her to lose the canines already!

and yes, coal would be a treat. i can't even count the rocks i've stolen from her mouth.

·
Registered
173 Posts
At least she pooped. ;) You didnt have to take her back down stairs to empty her. I usually leave a 6' leash connected in this situation that way if I couldnt grab puppy at least I could grab the leash.

Make the best of it... and keep venting we all could use the smile (with all do respect).

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
At least she pooped. ;) You didnt have to take her back down stairs to empty her. I usually leave a 6' leash connected in this situation that way if I couldnt grab puppy at least I could grab the leash.

Make the best of it... and keep venting we all could use the smile (with all do respect).
leaving a short leash attached it a GREAT idea. thank you. she always stays about 4 ft away from me when she plays the "try and catch me!" game. i'll definitely have to get one.

and yes, i sadly thought of it the same way!i try to justify it as okay in my head -- at least she alerted me and made potty OUTSIDE of the home. ;)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the leash is the best "wow, why didn't i think of that?" idea in a long time. i'll be getting a short one ASAP.

we just came up from the beach. i'm not supposed to bring her out there but i did anyway. :curtain:

she loved to swim at the lake but is scared to DEATH of the waves. she face planted in the sand a few times dodging them.

she also enjoys eating seaweed and beach sand very much. :doh:

i brought her up and washed her and she's been immovable and asleep for the past 45 minutes. success!

·
Registered
341 Posts
I know who is going to win the 2010 America's Funniest Home Video ! The security guard who recorded it on the security camera. LOL

There is nothing worse when they get loose and don't want to come back. I was used to a elder golden who I could out run plus all I had to do was say "come here,silly" and he would trot over to me. Now, I have an 11 month old who screams....I'm Free I'm Free and plays the catch me game.

I carry a tennis ball or treat with me just in case of such an emergency. It is amazing how they will break for a treat or ball.

I am glad you are laughing and he is resting comfortably under the desk.

Have a nice Holiday !

·
Registered
958 Posts
I know who is going to win the 2010 America's Funniest Home Video ! The security guard who recorded it on the security camera. LOL
I was just going to complain about the lack of a video. Patrick, you are brilliant.

So hey mom...while Layla is a sleeping, could you go talk to security...we do need that video. :D:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts