Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for someone....:confused:
I was reading a thread before that talked about this condition and it scared me some. Here is why... I have a 4 month old male Golden. I have noticed that he pantes alot. Also his stomach is the dark black color.
I just took him to the vet last weekend and got his 3rd set of shots. He weighs 24 pounds. The vet looked him over and said he looked good. I did not think about asking him about this condition.
I would like any feed back that I can get about this disease to make sure my Golden is OK!!! :(

·
Registered
164 Posts
I really wouldn't worry...

If he's acting like a normal puppy and showing no other signs, then odds are he's fine.

Now, I'm not a vet and hey, I don't even have my dog yet (I pick her up tomorrow!!!:D ), but I do know that the internet can be a source of too much information. You need to know what to filter and what to pay attention to.

Again, if your cutie-pie isn't showing any other symptoms of hypothyroidism, then I would not worry too much about it.

I have seen many healthy dogs with the black stomach. I don't think it means anything conclusively, but again, I'm not a vet.

Anyway, I hope this made you feel a bit better. If you're still in doubt, ask your vet...that is why s/he is your vet! ;)

Take care,
Bonni

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:eek: Thank you so much for the input.

You know how us first time parents can be!!! He goes for a check up in a few months and I will ask about it then. Good Luck on your new addition. Hope all goes well!!!
And your right about the internet. All the talk about Goldens having this disease was what got me scared and thinking. I Love getting all the info I can on this breed. :confused: BUT I have to watch it.......
If anyone else has any more clues on this disease or any more input Im all ears!!!
THANKS AGAIN!!!!:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts