Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Truth Is Out There
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As part of getting Max's skin better we are trying Hypo-allergenic food. But I have no idea what companys do this sort of food, and also how does this affect the treat we now can give.

I've already got info on Hills Sciance and James Well Beloved foods, just looking at the Burns web site.

Any exsperiance on this subject will be of help. Just remember I am in the UK so some foods may not be avalable.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
California Natural. It is a food made specifically for dogs with allergies and sensitivies. We have had amazing success with their herring & sweet potato formula with Tucker, who has a corn allergy. It's made by Natura Pet, which is the same company who makes EVO, Innova, and HealthWise. However, I have no idea if it's available in the UK or not.

I personally would stay away from any Hill's Science Diet foods if you can.

·
The Truth Is Out There
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
California Natural. It is a food made specifically for dogs with allergies and sensitivies. We have had amazing success with their herring & sweet potato formula with Tucker, who has a corn allergy. It's made by Natura Pet, which is the same company who makes EVO, Innova, and HealthWise. However, I have no idea if it's available in the UK or not.

I personally would stay away from any Hill's Science Diet foods if you can.
He has been on Hills joint diet for quite a while and it has done him great, but we had to change it when my boyfriend lost his job last year, he was on Pedigree's joint food and even though he was only on that food for about 3 months and we went back to hills his coat deteriated and hasn't been right since.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts