Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my husky is smart but not so smart.Some times when he is playing outside and I tell him “come here”. He knows looks at me and runs off.Also like when I tell him to come when we are indoors he goes to his create because he knows I don’t bother him there.It frustrates me because he knows he needs to come and all he does is looks at me and goes the opposite way.I have been teaching him recall.SOooo many ways and it is just not working.

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
Huskys are smart but I've read they can be stubborn. I would keep him on a long leash until his recall is reliable. Give good treats when you call him and never let him ignore your call to come. When I was training Rukie, it was suggested to get a new recall word since I had let him ignore being called. I realized when he was out in his fenced in section I was letting him ignore me when I called him in. It didn't take long with a new call word, good rewards for coming immediately and running out and pulling him in when he didn't immediately respond before he was very reliable to come when called. Also don't make calling him to you always mean play time is over. Call him, reward him, and let him go back to playing.

Reactions: Lovin'Goldens
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.