Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I first posted here I said my husband didn't want a dog. He got out voted since he was always out of town and i'm left home alone.

He said she wont be on the furniture... yea.... that happend for like an hour. I said not on the bed.. he put her on the bed...

He said she's MY dog...

and last night (taken in the dark with only the TV on with my Iphone. I tried to lighten it)

At least I know he gives in well? He didn't want the cat either but now it's HIS cat.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Why-o-why do they protest so loudly?! LOL
The picture is adorable!

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Kind of sounds like my DH. He was all for getting Tucker, but as soon as I mentioned getting a second Golden when our breeder offered us first pick of the litter again, I got a huge NO. I didn't give up and he finally gave in. Tyson is coming home next weekend. DH fell in love with him when we went to visit him. It was the same thing when I wanted to add a fourth cat to our family when we were offered pick of the litter for a Russian Blue kitten. I also got a big NO WAY. Now, Eddie is his "little prince" and sleeps right on his pillow. :doh:

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
It was the same story here! My fiance had never really had pets growing up and had no desire for one. When we moved in together I changed that LOL We adopted Sam like 2 weeks after I moved in! At first it was like "that's YOUR dog" "you were the one who wanted a dog" etc.. and then I could see that hard exterior start to crumble and now he's a big softie for them :) And oh man, Dillon is HIS boy. And he emails me now while on his deployment asking about the dogs every day :)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I REALLY wish I could have gotten a good clear pic of that. But they were sleeping and I was hoping to not wake either of them.

missmarstar- yup sounds the same!! I mean during our HONEYMOON he was worried about the cat. lol (we didn't have the dog then)

And it has gotten VERY cold out and we were going to go to a friends house to watch a movie. Hayden can't stay inside alone because she starts eating everything... so he hooked up the heat lamp in her dog mansion and I have a piece of wood in there so she's not laying on cement. Well he gets all huffy and puffy because she doesn't have anything soft to lay on in there. So he diggs out an old blanket even after i told him i'll have to get a staple gun and staple it to the wood or she WILL take off with it and put it in the yard. Nope still had to go in there. lol and yes when we got home it was in the yard lol

·
Tucker - Tanner - Cooper
1,624 Posts
That never happened at our house with the dogs but with the cats it did. When I found our Darby at a park when she was only 6weeks old - I said I wanted to keep her. His response was "you keep that cat I'm moving out" and my response was "do what you have to do big guy !". Well Darby will be 8 next in July. She is his baby - it's kind of sickening. All he has to do is call her and she comes running - no matter where she is in the house. We both could call her that same time and she will always go to him. Kind of makes me mad - if she only knew - I actually tell her all the time how he didn't want her ! She doesn't seem to mind ! lol

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Same situation here. He didn't want either of them at first but as you can see from the pictures, he changed his mind!

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It didn't take Hayden long to win over his dad. Goldens tend to do that to people.
Yes she has for sure picked up what each of us likes. Granted she's still all about being pet... but she knows if she wants to play daddy is the one to go to! She knows if dad is on the couch he wants her to cuddle. She'll lay on me and get pet as well. But she still listens to me much better than him. He has a bad habit of saying what he wants over and over again. It's not a steady sit. it's sit...sit...sit...sit.. and in a different voice. Me it's sit in a non playful just normal clear voice. And "dad" listens to me as well as hayden listens to him. I tell him how to do it and he goes RIGHT back to his sit sit sit method that never works. :doh:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOVE the pics!!

I play with Hayden's ears and tell them to grow lol I like the longer ears (her's seem short for a golden). He yells at me saying NO her ears are perfect "don't listen to mommy hayden" lol

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
Same thing happened at my house. No more dogs once Goliath was gone. Brady became my husbands best friend, and now we have MacKenzie too! He spoils them more than anybody.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Same here, when Maggie went to the Bridge this past July, DH said "no more pets". He also works out-of-town 4 days/week. DD wasn't sure he'd be fine with her buying me a puppy for my birthday. Well, the first morning he was leaving for work I heard him in by Hank telling him goodbye. I know he loves the kisses Hank showers him with whenever he comes home. DH is such a softy!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
My husband was like that on getting a third dog, but once he said yes, I moved fast. Then I decided to get involved in fostering for the local rescue. He said yes but no adopting of the dogs. When we got Daisy and she was here for a long time going thru her heartworm treatment, he couldnt let her go. And then he didnt want to let Pawley go. He is such a softie.

·
2,472 Posts
you got your hubby well trained and housebroken. Congratulations! ;)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Same here. I wanted one, he didn't. 50/50 split. I told him the litter had been born, then when she would be coming home. He did not believe me until the crate came in the mail.

THis is them 3 days after she came home.

Attachments

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,076 Posts
After we lost Phoenix, hubby agreed to another puppy as it didn't feel quite right with only 1 dog and we felt Reno needed the companionship....that's when we got Austin. When I suggested a third dog (another puppy) he kind of balked at the idea and came up with all sorts of reasons why we shouldn't have another dog....I should mention that before we met, he wasn't really a dog person.......He relented and along came Lincoln.....his "bestest buddy". Here is a pic of hubby and Lincoln the day after we got him.

·
Premium Member
18,456 Posts
We are laughing at the husbands/boyfriends who said no way, then immediately fell in love with the pups, but I love how that happens. Makes me love my DH even more.

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
This is the guy who didn't want dogs... :rolleyes:

We are laughing at the husbands/boyfriends who said no way, then immediately fell in love with the pups, but I love how that happens. Makes me love my DH even more.
I agree... frankly I'm concerned about ANYONE who doesn't fall in love with a sweet dog.. I wonder what's wrong with them. LOL

·
Registered
869 Posts
That's great. LOL Hope you don't mind I played with your photo a bit to try & lighten it up for you. If you want I will remove it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts