Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hurley is 7 months old & hasn't ever experienced snow...or Christmas! We just happened to be in the middle of a blizzard, so he's getting to know snow quite well. I was so happy to see that he wasn't scared of it at all....he's been leaping in & out of snow banks all afternoon. He's been a riot to watch!

As for Christmas....well, we've only had 2 casualities in the decor department. Since then, we make sure that the tree is off limits at night. No midnight munching on the tree!

Anyway....hope you all enjoy!

Attachments

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Those are wonderful shots. I especially like that second one. It would make a great Christmas card. I love how the snow really brings golden retrievers to life.

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
I love the 3rd pic! Looks like Hurley's having a BLAST in the snow! Molson got to experience his first real snowfall this morning and I video taped it :) It's so funny, he's like "what the heck is this stuff! It's GREAT!"

I can see in the last few pics that Hurley has made his tracks in almost the whole backyard! :)

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
What a fun collection of pictures. You've got a little bit of everything! Fun zoomies pictures, artsy mirror shot, and loving portrait shot.

·
Registered
Brady Aedan Finch and Wren
13,687 Posts
The third shot is stunning!

What a great collection of Hurley's first snow and Holiday season :)

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
That third photo is adorable. Cocasse and I experienced our first snow together this morning. He loved it and was hoovering it up.
Lots of first snow experiences today.

·
Kristy
10,245 Posts
The joy on his face is unmistakable! I love it! Any followup shots? I understand Nebraska has a foot of snow on the ground.... One of my best friends lives in Lincoln but I try to avoid calling her during a blizzard... those negative temperatures make her grouchy :)

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
Love those pictures!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys! Hurley has had a BLAST the past 2 days. The rest of the Nebraskans? Well....not so much! I'm in Lincoln as well & we were very lucky to not have received the 8 to 11 inches they claimed we would get. We ended up with about 7 inches...but it's all drifting so badly, you'd swear it was a foot! Lots of places closed down (which is a rarity here) & my work was one of them. So, I got to enjoy staying in my jammies & snapping pictures of my snow loving fool in our backyard! lol

As for the "mirror" picture....it was actually not done with a mirror at all. I was snapping pictures of our outside lights & he was watching me from the bay windows. I wish the picture would have turned out more clear but it's hard to do in the dark! I've attached another picture where you can see him peeking through the window.

And of course, I follow up pictures! haha! :p:

These are from today... no zoomie shots. He was feeling rather "King of The Blizzard" out there & just took the surroundings in:

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Beautiful shots !! My guys are 6 and 3 and every year they act like they've never seen snow...just love it !!!! I love the energy they have zooming around the woods like crazy dogs !!!

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Those are wonderful shots. I especially like that second one. It would make a great Christmas card. I love how the snow really brings golden retrievers to life.
Ditto!
Love #2
Karen

1 - 20 of 21 Posts