Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Hey. I also just bought my first golden (also my first dog) for my wife for Christmas. I know that she really wanted a golden, so I decided to surprise her with one. I was a little bummed because I was looking forward to training a lab or a boykin to duck/dove hunt with me. Do any of you have golden's that you hunt with? I realize they have the ability to hunt, I have just never seen one in the dove field or duck blind. Thanks, and I'm sure I'll have many more questions when we get the dog on 12-23.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
I don't hunt with Jack but we're doing beginning field training. there are a number of people on the forum that hunt and/or do field training with their goldens. :)

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Hey Hey. I also just bought my first golden (also my first dog) for my wife for Christmas. I know that she really wanted a golden, so I decided to surprise her with one. I was a little bummed because I was looking forward to training a lab or a boykin to duck/dove hunt with me. Do any of you have golden's that you hunt with? I realize they have the ability to hunt, I have just never seen one in the dove field or duck blind. Thanks, and I'm sure I'll have many more questions when we get the dog on 12-23.
Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mine loves ducks and doves!!!!!!

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Welcome to the forum. As Rob said, check out the hunt and field section. Oh, and goldens are also better upland hunters than labs are, btw.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts