Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a bunch of these tracks all over our laneway ... Reece's paw prints are in the picture... some sort of huge bird... Turkey?!

There's also big bunny tracks and squirrel tracks!

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Yep! Turkey!

·
Pippa and Watson’s mom
611 Posts
Turkeys are a fight bird. You definitely don’t want to make one mad...

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good to know. I didn't see any out there but if the dogs ever spotted them they'd be chasing them down in 0.1 seconds.

·
3 goldens
11,923 Posts
wHEN i WAS A KID MY DAD BOUGHT 6 BABY TURKEYS WITH THE IDEA OF NOT HAVING TO BUY ANY FOR HOLIDAYS. PROBOLME WAS THOSE TURKEYS "BONDED" WITH US KIDS AND ANYWHERE WE WENT, SO DID THEY. pOPLE IN OUR TINY TOWN GOT THE BIGGEST KICK OUT SEEING US 4 OLDER ONES WALKING DOWN TO THE GENERAL STORE/POST OFFICE, FOLLOWED BY 6 TURKEYS.

cCOME THE FIRST tTHANKSGIVING, DADDY KILLED ONE AND NOT ONE OF US WOULD TOUCH IT. HE SOLD THE OTHER 5. FUNNY THINGM, WE ATE CHICKEN MOST EVERY sUNDAY THAT DADDY KILLED BEFORE CHURCH. WOULD WRING IT'S HEAD AND WE THOUGHT IT FUNNY TO WACH THEM RUN AROUND WITHOUT THEIR HEAD. LOVED THE FIRED CHICKEN. BUT THOSE TURKEYS, WELL, THEY WRE "OUR PETS" SO TO SPEAK.

iT IS STRANGE THAT WE DIDN'T MIND EATING THE CHICKENS dADDY KILLED NOR THE HOGS AND CALVES WE SLAUGHTERED, BUT NOT THOSE TURKEYS.

·
Knife Swallower
6,783 Posts
Looks like big turkey tracks. I have a glorious memory of one chasing my now ex-boyfriend when we went camping one summer. Luckily I didn't have Ranger then or else I'm sure the turkey would have been chasing him and I instead of the ex-bf with me safely laughing from afar!

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I saw a video of a turkey chasing a reporter... it chased her into her car then just kept circling around it!!!

Birds are SCARY.

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
...I don't blame the turkeys...they have a lot to be mad at us for!

·
3 goldens
11,923 Posts
Our turkeys were nice, probably because we handled them from the time they were little. However, we did have a couple of MEAN chickens that would chzae us and not even when they were sitting. My brother was playing disc golf and a goose got after him. Birds can be funny dritters.

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
Most of those turkeys in your video look like domesticated ones. The wild ones I have seen aren't nearly that big or fat. They also run from me and my dogs. If they gave us any attitude, Jasmine would straighten them out PDQ! lol

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

They ran away as I went to grab my camera... but you can still see them! They're bigger than Reece! LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts