Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Breec3
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I put Hunter in bed when we are ready to go to sleep, he is very wrestles in bed and stands on the edge and whines to get down. I don't want him to get down, I want to snuggle with him:uhoh:

I actually moved into the basement bedroom a few days ago because it is puppy proof and he wont hurt himself and so HE can sleep on the floor:bowl:.

My bedroom he can get into way to much trouble.

How many of us have a golden who doesn't like to snuggle in bed???

I am very Happy that my Sadie is a snuggler:)

·
Old Gold is the Best Gold
18,122 Posts
If it is warm, Brook will get up and move to the foot of the bed. She always is there when I wake in the morning. Holiday and Starlite have to be touching me...

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
My guys like to be petted, but the bed gets too warm really fast, so they jump down. When it's really cold, they turn back into snuggledogs. I wouldn't read anything into it.

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
In the summer, the girls only stay on the bed until we stop fawning over them... Now that it's getting colder, they will start out on the bed...but after an hour or so, Burg moves to the floor at the foot of the bed, and Bailey moves down into her crate. They stay that way until DH wakes up for work...at which time they both hop up onto his warm spot to cuddle with me until I have to wake up for work myself :)

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Get yourself a set of stairs and let him decide. I guarantee he will come up from time to time :)

I used this one when Gilmour was a pup:

http://www.amazon.com/Pet-Gear-Easy...3?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1260303281&sr=8-3

It worked great. I took it down when he hit around 7 months.

If I put Hunter in bed when we are ready to go to sleep, he is very wrestles in bed and stands on the edge and whines to get down. I don't want him to get down, I want to snuggle with him:uhoh:

I actually moved into the basement bedroom a few days ago because it is puppy proof and he wont hurt himself and so HE can sleep on the floor:bowl:.

My bedroom he can get into way to much trouble.

How many of us have a golden who doesn't like to snuggle in bed???

I am very Happy that my Sadie is a snuggler:)

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
They snap together in about 2 minutes, and when done can be un-snapped and stowed for the next time :)

Oh, and if you need to get him started on them, a little trail of kibble up the stairs and up on to the bed works wonders :)

The stairs are perfect:) Maybe than he will come back up all on his own, love it:)

·
Registered
44 Posts
My guys like to be petted, but the bed gets too warm really fast, so they jump down. When it's really cold, they turn back into snuggledogs. I wouldn't read anything into it.
Same here - our two like to lie on the cool floor tiles whenever it gets too warm on the bed or settee.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts