Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had posted a thread a while back entitled "Battling Brothers". No matter what we did, everytime we put our puppies together they would end up in an all out fight. We just moved on Tuesday to a new house and had a new run built but didn't want to have to do a second one again. Today I'm off of work so decided to calm my nerves and put the babies together in the new run unsupervised (although I was watching like a hawk from the house). They were out for 2 hours playing and NO FIGHTS!!! They still got a little snarly but it now appears that our youngest (Lincoln) will submit to Austin when things get a little rough. This is so huge for us as we wanted so much for the puppies to be able to co-habitate together. They were both neutered a couple of months ago so perhaps that helped somewhat. We will continue to test this through the weekend to see how it goes and hopefully by Monday, they'll be able to spend the days together!!!!​

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
Glad to hear it all worked out! Maybe they weren't mature enough before, as they are still pretty young. Hopefully it continues to get better and better, and they will soon become the best of friends! :)

·
Kathy mom to Jasper
807 Posts
That is great! Congrats. It's always nice when they get along and I'm sure nuetering helped alot. I know it did at our house.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts