Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Hudson's girl
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok he didn't literally "eat" the @#!!#[email protected] cell phone:mad:. I left my cell phone on the coffee table:doh:. I realize this is a no-no as he grabs the remote, my iPod, my husbands cell phone. Anyway I thought he was in the kitchen eating and I was on the computer paying a bill. He is stealthy. I think he found a secret way to the coffee table because he has to walk right by me to get to it and I didn't even see him. I heard him crunching something and when I got to him it was too late. Now my face plate is bunches of pretty colors and I have dog teeth imprints in it. So now I'm awaiting a replacement phone that hopefully:crossfing should be shipped tomorrow. I have insurance on it but I had to pay 50 bucks. He is soooo lucky he is as cute as he is. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Thanks for letting me vent.

·
2,472 Posts
oh well. Was it on vibrate? Then, if he had swallowed it, you could have called his stomach and make it, like, vibrate and maybe that would have convinced him to chuck it back up?

·
Mulligan
516 Posts
When Izzy was about 6 months old, I noticed she had something in her mouth. I took a closer look. She had an antennae coming from her mouth. I couldn't help but laugh as she had a smile on her face as if to say, "Mom, are you looking for something?" Well, as you probably already guess, it was my cell phone. She did not crunch it, but she did put a couple of dents in it. LOL

·
shadow friend
3,886 Posts
This is a definite worthy add to the "what I just pulled out of my goldens mouth..." Bummer for you. I always worry about that myself and sadly, I don't have phone insurance.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
They can be so sneaky when they are on the hunt for something. I had to laugh thinking about him calling and texting all his buddies.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Just pulled mine from the little ones mouth. I have a versa that has a pretty heavy duty case/cover with built in keypad. Lots of nice teeth marks but glad I had the case on or it would have been the screen. I already have 2 different pair of glasses with teeth marks all over the lens.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Oh no!! But I am glad nothing bad happened to your doggie!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just remember, Daisybones- in a few months, you'll be looking back on this and laughing. Even though it's not a bit funny to you right now.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am so sorry about your phone! In reading through this thread I guess it happens often with goldens. Emma has never picked up a cell phone or a remote but you never know. I guess I better start keeping my phone out of her reach. LOL

Hats and socks seem to be her chew of choice. :)

·
801 Posts
Two blue tooth's, one phone, two pairs of glasses and a couple of remotes later I haven't learned my lesson. Yesterday Talon got a remote in one room and Verbena had a remote in another. Then in the afternoon I got a new book on agility training and two minutes after opening it it was down a cover. The target is anything that keeps our attention away from them because as we all know they are the center of the universe. LOL

1 - 19 of 19 Posts