Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

This is Hudson, he's 4 months old and of course, we're all in love. He's a really good pup and easy to train. Except every time we give him any dry food (he's on Steve's raw food) or treats, or bones, he gets bad digestive problems (the runs). Any advice? He also won't sleep past 6:00am - any suggestions? I don't mind on week days but weekends it would be nice. Thanks! Trying to attach photo but have no idea how to do that - sorry.

·
Registered
926 Posts
What are the proteins in the raw food vs the dry, treat etc? What dry food have your tried etc. It can be the protein or it cold be the grains. If the raw works for him I wouldn't worry about it.

Does he get up 6am just to potty? If so take him out to do his business and then put him back in the crate and say good night once again. My 15 week old will get up on weekendsat about 6:30 am. I take him out to potty and back to bed we go for about another 2 to 2.5 hours.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for responding. I will just keep him on the raw. However, he's lost so much weight and always seems hungry. I feel like he needs some kind of 'grain'. Plus, the raw is frozen and I can't imagine eating raw nuggets all day when it's so cold out. You are right about going back to sleep. Unfortunately I can't go back to sleep once I'm awake. Just the way I am. I'll just to bed earlier. Yes, as soon as he barks in the morning he goes potty the moment we get outside, so I'm happy he's so good. Thank you again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts