Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do your dogs ever howel? My god...last night I was sleeping and in a deep dream when all of a sudden Tucker lets out this huge OooowwwwwwooooooooOOOOOO!!!!!! It was long and loud and I woke up laughing my A$$ off! DH yelled, shut up! Tucker went back to sleep...of course my three year old heard it and came in running and was in my bed the rest of the night! Thanks Tucker! :mad: He's done this twice now. I wonder what he's dreaming about? Ha ha! The first time he did it I sat straight up and almost had a heart attack. It's not the nicest sounding thing that's for sure! :uhoh:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Boomer doesnt do the howlng thing, but he does every now and then get his bark on. Its hilarious to be sitting down on the couch with him while hes dreaming and running and then a few small barks wil cme out and it doesnt seem to bother him. i love it!!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Boomer doesnt do the howlng thing, but he does every now and then get his bark on. Its hilarious to be sitting down on the couch with him while hes dreaming and running and then a few small barks wil cme out and it doesnt seem to bother him. i love it!!
I love it when they dream and start their little feet kicking and lip snarling and all the silly noises...but when I'm in a dead sleep I hate it! I'll wake up to Tucker dreaming and his feet are going nuts and his nails are hitting the sheetrock and trim. It's like, what the hell are you dreaming about? :confused: I'll say, knock it off, and then I hear his tail thump a few times and he lets out a sigh and goes back to sleep. :p:

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
ohh,yes,Honey does this too.Last time it was couple days ago,everybody woke up except my DH and Honey! HA-ha.I wounder what they are dreaming about!

·
Simon & Shadow's Mom
860 Posts
My boy lets out little yips, while his feet are moving a million miles a minute! He isn't a big barker (yet, anyway), so it's fun when he does that. I've never had him do it at night (at least, if he has, it hasn't woken me)...

·
Registered
278 Posts
Chloe makes all kinds of sounds when she is asleep sometimes, it's crazy. She even barks! My Tucker even makes some noise every now and then, but he snores more than wimpering or anything else. lol I think it is somewhat normal. ;)

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Buddy did this twice recently! Scared me to pieces the first time. I was upstairs and he was on the couch downstairs with his Daddy. All I could think was that something terrible was happening. His poor Daddy though, they were laying head to head on the couch! The second time we were watching a movie and he did it then leaned into Daddy for loving.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's so funny....I can't imagine laying right next to him when he did it, on the floor by my bed was bad enough! Ha ha! And it's weird cus Tucker isn't a barker. The only time this dog barks is if he's outside and my mom comes outside next door, he might bark at her or my brother and his dog when they get in their truck just on the other side of the fence and it's not a lot of barking. A few woofs. My last golden barked at everything, especially if someone came over. Tucker just sits there....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Maggie would make a whinnying sound when she dreamed. I'd love to know what her dreams were about - happy? sad?

The only time she howled was sometimes when she'd hear a siren (usually on a TV programme).

·
Fergus Roy's dad
217 Posts
More than a couple of times Fergus has been dreaming and jumped up barking as if someone was at the door. This usually happens when he is sleeping at the top of the stairs. His "someone is at the door" bark is totally different than any other bark - it is really kinda of cool/spooky sounding.

When this "dream intruder" shows up it takes us a lot longer to calm him down because he won't believe us that someone isn't there. Great watchdog behavior and we love it.

Dave

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
Casey loves to howl. He especially likes to do it at night if my parents don't wake him up to bring him back to their bedroom. It's like he's saying: Hey! You forgot me, and now I'll wake you up. Mind you, he isn't dreaming. He's fully awake. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts