Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. My name is Aiko and I have been the proud mum of a Golden Retriever for nearly 2 years now. I bought Citka from a small breeder in Mount Vernon when he was just eight weeks old. I didnt care about papers or anything because he was to be trained to be my service dog and although he still very much a puppy he is very well behaved and has turned out to be just what I needed. It is very true that you need to let your puppy pick you. I dont think I would have had the same bond with another pup like I do with him. I chose his brother but he had other plans and made it clear I was his and he was mine and that was that. I dont regret one second of it and wouldn't trade him for anything in this world. Everywhere we go people are amazed that he has had no professional training and behaves so well. At 9 months old people thought he had to be 3 or 4 because he behaved like an angel and we astounded when I said he was just nine months old. He is a bundle of energy and loads of laughs. I couldnt have asked to be picked by a better pup.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Sounds like you have a great Golden. Our bridge girl Hannah was like that...always mature, always easy going, easy to train. Now our 14 wk old is quite a handful. But we love her personality and Emma will be a great addition to our family!!! Post pics.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Welcome to the both of you to the board. I cant wait to see pictures of Aiko.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts