Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
shadow friend
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Max has learned that I find it absolutely adorable and enduring when he rests his head on my leg as in the one picture. When I have food he will sit right beside me and do just that and yes, I know it's not good for him but he gets bits of shouldn't be too bad for him foods like bits of meat, bread, and in this case, Cheddar Flavored Sun Chips. Do you(r) golden(s) manipulate you too?

·
Daisy - my heart
12,575 Posts
Definitely. I discovered she likes peanuts (I put them out for the blue jays). So to get her to come in quickly (it's freezing!), I say "Want some peanuts?" So she runs in for peanuts and it's kind of become our ritual .... go potty, come in, get 3 peanuts.

But now she has to go outside to go potty a lot :p:

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Jo Ellen, that reminds me of our other Golden, Polly, who would get a treat for coming back inside. After a while she'd ask to go out, I'd open the door and she'd back up and sit down: waiting for her treat. I had to laugh and tell her "You don't get a treat for LOOKING outside, you have to actually GO outside and come back!" Of course she got a treat for looking outside.

Momtomax, Penny does the same thing when I'm eating. She'll even poke her nose under my arm almost to the edge of my plate. When I look down, all I can see is black nose peeking from under my arm. Of course, she gets a bit of bread or cheese while I say "I have not a clue WHY she does this!"

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Riley does that, too. He'll rest his chin on my leg, looking as pathetic as he possibly can, while I'm eating. (I always end up with a wet leg from his drooling.)

He learned, quickly, which buttons to push and pretty much plays me like a fiddle. lol. He knows that if he gives me his little half whine/half cry, I'm done for. Especially when he wants me up in the morning. He used to start with the nudges and kisses and I could tell him to lay back down, but once I heard the little cry, I couldn't resist. Now, he just goes right for the crying when he wants mom out of bed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts