Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband just told me that Maya ate a coffee bean about an hour ago. I know coffee can be dangerous. How bad is one coffee bean? I'm hoping its not enough to be an issue. She is acting normally.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I don't think one coffee bean is too much of a concern. However, it's smart to keep an eye on her to make she she's acting normal.

·
aka Ali, Oscar's mom
493 Posts
Oscar gobbled up an escaped coffee bean once, when I was pouring them into my grinder. He was totally fine! :) I did worry about him though, since he was only a puppy... maybe 3 months?... so I looked it up online, and other people's dogs had been fine. Pretty sure your vet would say the same, but you could always give them a call to give yourself more peace of mind.

He really loves to come and stand right under me when I'm trying to grind the coffee. He also does it when we are pouring out vitamins. I guess anything that sounds like little pieces rattling around MIGHT be treats! ;)

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
He really loves to come and stand right under me when I'm trying to grind the coffee. He also does it when we are pouring out vitamins. I guess anything that sounds like little pieces rattling around MIGHT be treats! ;)
Oscar is a very smart boy!! At first when I was reading it, I thought you were going to say that he must love the smell of coffee. lol

I think Maya will be ok, double check with the vet if you think she's acting out of the norm.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Dakota once tore the trash out (I forgot to close the gate) and there were 3 or 4 coffee-pot filters full of coffee grounds in there.

He, Comet and Ronin ate every grain of them.

The dogs were ok, but Ronin was spinning his head around like the Exorcist kid trying to see flies that weren't there.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Dakota once tore the trash out (I forgot to close the gate) and there were 3 or 4 coffee-pot filters full of coffee grounds in there.

He, Comet and Ronin ate every grain of them.

The dogs were ok, but Ronin was spinning his head around like the Exorcist kid trying to see flies that weren't there.

Lexi did the same thing! She lifted the lid on the garbage can, and ate every single bit of coffee grounds 2 of them...AND...the filter too!!:yuck: Thank goodness for her....it was DeCaff!!!:) LOL

I am sure, even though she is small, :smooch:that it would take more than just one bean to hurt her.:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I wouldn't be too worried about a single coffee bean in a Golden. Small chance the dog may be a little extra hyper, but likely nothing will happen!

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
I wouldn't worry much about just one bean, but if you're worried you can put in a call to the nearest emergency vet and see what they say.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts

I would definitely call the vet and ask, just to be on the safe side.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts