Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to a lots of people help we did very well at the Irish Retriever show this year.
Goldensmum gave us a lovely golden retriever ornament to sell or raffle and also gave us a big bag of TY Beanies
Carrig from the GRF sent me two signed books all the way from Canada.
Tracey who goes as honeysmum cooked Ray and I some lovely dinners and lots of wine and beer and we had never met before we had a lovely time with them and her dog Honey loved my 2 Jade her Great Dane was not so sure of my two
Then Tracy who goes as mist brought Ray and I a nice big chocolate cake to keep us going during the day.
She also trimmed up Daisy and Charlie for me and gave them a nice groom and I could not have managed to raffle stall without her she was a great help.
Tanya who goes as Tanyac spent time hanging on to Charlie for me.
I had never met any of the girls before and I should add there husbands or partners they were all so nice and friendly I felt if I had known them years and all the dogs got on so well.
And I must thank my company P&O Ferries for donating the first prize which was a 2 night mini cruise from Hull to Rotterdam / Amsterdam / or Bruges for 2 foot passengers worth £130.00.
And the girls were I work also gave me some things to sell at the show.
The Raffle went really well we made with the raffle about £250.00 overall.
It was a really lovely day to see all the dogs there must have been about 200 rescue dogs there and I met some that needed homes as well and it look like they may have found homes at the show I fell in love with one called Bruce.
And after all the bad weather we have had the day could not have turned out better and next year it's going to be on the 12th September.
And I nearly forgot we got 6 rosette overall 3 in the photo competition and 3 in the class.
Daisy and Charlie got 2nd for best friends
Daisy got 3rd for muddiest dog
And Ray and Charlie got 6th for best caption which was is this what we do at Christmas Dad
Daisy got second for best condition bitch
Daisy got 5th for obedience
And they got 6th in the brace

Fun was had by all except Ray for putting his photo on again he said he is going to divorce me i wonder why :D

Attachments

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Maggie here is a picture I took of Bruce

We had a lovely time, and it was great meeting everyone. Gracie had a 5th and a 1st in obedience, wouldn't be so bad but she had to be awkward. The first was in the harder of the two classes

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Sounds like it was a great time and great pictures. Love your girls and I knew they were winners. Poor Ray is a great sport to have that picture out there. I love it. Give the girls a kiss from the boys and me.

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like it was a great time and great pictures. Love your girls and I knew they were winners. Poor Ray is a great sport to have that picture out there. I love it. Give the girls a kiss from the boys and me.
Thanks Carol and i know your into rescue so i thought you would be pleased to hear our stall took the 2nd higest amount of money.
I am already working on next year hope to do even better fingers crossed.
And my company wants me to do a write up as well so you never no i may get more people involved :D

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just heard we took the second most amout of money :D as they said that will bring 2 more dogs over from Ireland or pay to have any vets treatment thats needed.

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like a wonderful day out - and you got the weather too!

Look at all those goldens. Heaven.
It was it was to hot for the dogs at times shame you couldn't have made it.
Maybe next year its the 12th September 2009 and the same place.

·
Bailey and Riley
1,454 Posts
Those all are great pictures, Maggie....and Mist. Looks like everyone enjoyed a Special Day. Also, it looks like the weather was very nice. Congrats, too, on your money raising efforts. Hooray for you!!!

Tell Ray he is such a trooper, I love that photo!!

Daisy and Charlie looked absolutely beautiful!

~Jackie

1 - 14 of 14 Posts