Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey :)
Wehn i delute the shampoo in x amount of water (just as it says on the bottle), it seems to be almost impossible to get it into tinos coat .. any help, or ideas on how i can do it?
greetings from Ranveig.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
My guess would be to dilute it a LOT more than stated on the bottle. Also, it takes a large amount of shampoo to work up a lather on a full coated golden retriever.

·
16,000 Posts
Actually, you do not need a large lather for the surfactants in shampoo to work. That lather is a marketing "visual" for us humans, just as with our own soaps and shampoos.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Ran can you put the diluted shampoo into a different bottle with a much smaller opening so you can still dilute it, but have more control over where you squirt the shampoo?

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
another idea is to put the diluted shampoo on a sponge or even a washcloth so you can control where the shampoo goes...

·
16,000 Posts
Ran can you put the diluted shampoo into a different bottle with a much smaller opening so you can still dilute it, but have more control over where you squirt the shampoo?

Very good advice...I use a dish soap bottle to dilute and dispense my shampoo when bathing dogs. It works beautifully.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah :) might try that one. problem for me is to cntrol that the shampoo stays in the fur .. instead of running all over the floor .. heh :p
is it supposed to be really foamy like we get when we wash our hair? (dont know how else to describe it)

yeah , i ask alot. and thanks all for advices :)

- Ranveig -

·
chew chew chew
3,571 Posts
What I do is wet the dog down from top to bottom, then apply a degreaser shampoo to the ears (to make them easier to trim), then starting at the back of the head, apply shampoo and lather it in. I work my way down from there shooting more shampoo on each area as needed. I like the shampoo (depends on the type) a bit more concentraited than what's suggested on the bottle usually. Then rinse, rinse, rinse again to get all the shampoo out. I do the same with conditioner but don't do around the ears with it, and use a zoom groom (rubber finger thing) to work it in which usually pulls out a lot of dead coat if the dog is shedding (and gets the rest of the shedding hair on it's way out).

Lana

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey guys .) I am pleased to share that the spray-bottle-method worked great!!! i didnt need to use so much either .. at east he smes cean and from what i know, he looks cean too ;)
greetings from Ranveig and Valentino.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts