Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I want to put together a thread or post to help people coming to this forum recognize what a scam looks like. I want to first say that what I'll be referring to as scams are websites set up to look like they are breeders, but everything about it is fake and it is a system designed to take your money.

The websites have gotten somewhat clever with their names, but every single one follows the same basic format.

They always sound good until you really start paying attention.

This description sounds good at a cursory glance. But it is a bit odd and seems to be missing a lot of crucial elements. Who are these people? Their goals and descriptions are extremely vague.

Looks familiar right?

Here's another!

And another!

Here is a final of another type for good measure. If you start to notice how good sound on the surface but realize that this "About" is missing a lot of vital information. Who are they? In my above example, if you google any part of the about, you will find the original breeder that that came from.

Further, if you click on their "Shipping Page", it is almost always bizarre because there are few breeders they can steal that from. Here is an example:

That format is very odd and different from the "About" in both formatting and tone.

Now, perhaps the most telling part of a scam in every case is how they present their sale puppies. No matter how elaborate the website looks or how convincing (I have seen some scam sites add names/GRCA logo/etc) this will always be the dead giveaway.

Not a single one of these puppies look the same. The backgrounds aren't the same and the prices are LOW. These are designed to look like a good deal, since the going price for pretty much any Golden is twice that or more.

Here is another example.

This one is even funnier because "Adult Weight: 3.5 to 5 lbs".

This brings me to another point: Nearly all of these websites have a "Buy Now" or "Contact Us" option right under the puppy. They like to advertise that puppies are on sale, that they are only "X" price for this week, etc.

I've been meaning to make a post like this because I see people getting scammed weekly. This post doesn't just apply to Goldens, it applies to any breed you want to buy. They prey on people who don't want to pay the market price for puppies. The truth is: all of these images are stolen and your puppy does not exist. You will never get whatever money they con you into putting into this fake dog back. I'm going to add the breeders I used for this post and I will add more to the list as I come across them.

If anybody else wants to add, feel free.

Danny's Golden Retriever Puppies
Family Golden Retriever Puppies
Harmony Retriever Puppies
Goldie Breeders
Vintage Retrievers (added Feb 14, 2021)
Star Belly Golden Retrievers (added Feb 26, 2021)
Amanda Golden Retrievers (added Feb 26, 2021)
Adorable Dogs and Puppies for Adoption on Facebook (added Mar 8, 2021)
Socialized Golden Retriever Puppies (FB Page: Golden Retriever puppies For Sale in North Carolina) (added Mar 15, 2021)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you so much for creating this! It will definitely help out a lot of people! It sucks that there are so many scams out there

·
Registered
176 Posts
This is great! I think it would be great as a sticky, especially since you (we) will be adding to it as more are found.
I remember when I started looking for a puppy almost a year ago- I started on Google so of course I found many scam sites. Just flipping through a few of their sites, I could tell something was off, but I didn’t know enough to pinpoint what exactly it was. After finding the Forum, however, and reading post after post of “is this legit” I went back to one of the scam sites and it’s just....so laughable. Every single red flag you pointed out is on there. Of course with a puppy if it’s too good to be true it’s usually a scam but they do seem to be getting more savvy with their sites -at a first glance they do appear to have a lot of good information- I can see why someone could be easily taken advantage of if they don’t know any better, or don’t care to do a little bit more research.

·
Super Moderator
1,080 Posts
There is also a “Vintage Goldens” that stole both the kennel name and the photos on the website. One of the puppy photos is actually Tucker Budzyn of Instagram fame.

Reactions: Tagrenine

·
Super Moderator Leader
51,646 Posts
This is an older thread, it contains some good information.
Posting it as a reference-

·
Super Moderator
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is also a “Vintage Goldens” that stole both the kennel name and the photos on the website. One of the puppy photos is actually Tucker Budzyn of Instagram fame.
I added Vintage 😁 , though it looks like as of today their website has been taken down

·
Registered
9,155 Posts
Adorable Dogs and Puppies for Adoption, on FB... cannot copy the posts here, it is too filthy nasty obscene.. but it is a scammer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I want to put together a thread or post to help people coming to this forum recognize what a scam looks like. I want to first say that what I'll be referring to as scams are websites set up to look like they are breeders, but everything about it is fake and it is a system designed to take your money.

The websites have gotten somewhat clever with their names, but every single one follows the same basic format.

View attachment 880577

They always sound good until you really start paying attention.

This description sounds good at a cursory glance. But it is a bit odd and seems to be missing a lot of crucial elements. Who are these people? Their goals and descriptions are extremely vague.

View attachment 880578
View attachment 880579

Looks familiar right?

View attachment 880580

Here's another!

View attachment 880581

And another!

View attachment 880582

Here is a final of another type for good measure. If you start to notice how good sound on the surface but realize that this "About" is missing a lot of vital information. Who are they? In my above example, if you google any part of the about, you will find the original breeder that that came from.

Further, if you click on their "Shipping Page", it is almost always bizarre because there are few breeders they can steal that from. Here is an example:

View attachment 880583

That format is very odd and different from the "About" in both formatting and tone.

Now, perhaps the most telling part of a scam in every case is how they present their sale puppies. No matter how elaborate the website looks or how convincing (I have seen some scam sites add names/GRCA logo/etc) this will always be the dead giveaway.

View attachment 880584

Not a single one of these puppies look the same. The backgrounds aren't the same and the prices are LOW. These are designed to look like a good deal, since the going price for pretty much any Golden is twice that or more.

View attachment 880585

Here is another example.

View attachment 880586

This one is even funnier because "Adult Weight: 3.5 to 5 lbs".

This brings me to another point: Nearly all of these websites have a "Buy Now" or "Contact Us" option right under the puppy. They like to advertise that puppies are on sale, that they are only "X" price for this week, etc.

I've been meaning to make a post like this because I see people getting scammed weekly. This post doesn't just apply to Goldens, it applies to any breed you want to buy. They prey on people who don't want to pay the market price for puppies. The truth is: all of these images are stolen and your puppy does not exist. You will never get whatever money they con you into putting into this fake dog back. I'm going to add the breeders I used for this post and I will add more to the list as I come across them.

If anybody else wants to add, feel free.

Danny's Golden Retriever Puppies
Family Golden Retriever Puppies
Harmony Retriever Puppies
Goldie Breeders
Vintage Retrievers (added Feb 14, 2021)
Star Belly Golden Retrievers (added Feb 26, 2021)
Amanda Golden Retrievers (added Feb 26, 2021)
Adorable Dogs and Puppies for Adoption on Facebook (added Mar 8, 2021)
Socialized Golden Retriever Puppies (FB Page: Golden Retriever puppies For Sale in North Carolina) (added Mar 15, 2021)
I've been trying to figure out if this site is a scam, anyone have any input?

2021 Goldenretriever

·
Registered
9,155 Posts
it screams scam
Puppies haven't been that cheap in 20+ years and the floor coverings are all different. Imagine putting all those in one house? Stolen photos ....ROT = if it seems too good it is.

It only takes reading a few to find the giveaway- because these people are liars who know nothing about dogs. Here is the giveaway it's fake on this one - one page she says all puppies are underfoot in her home then this (and of course the fact they stole this verbiage from a pomsky breeder):

With over 20 years of experience our kennels are kept immaculately clean and are staffed by dedicated trained full time kennel techs. Each and every Pomsky and their puppies are given the best individual love and attention. All of our puppies come fully vaccinated and with a full nose to tail warranty.

·
Super Moderator
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
it screams scam
Puppies haven't been that cheap in 20+ years and the floor coverings are all different. Imagine putting all those in one house? Stolen photos ....ROT = if it seems too good it is.
“Has a nice nose rope” somebody copy and pasted a Bulldog ad

1 - 15 of 15 Posts