Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hmm… I recognize this….the boxes with colorful wrapping paper, the smell of fresh pine in the house…oh no…NOT the antlers!!

Okay, pups…listen, the best way to deal with these indignities is to hold you head up high and pretend that you don’t have those ridiculous things on.

Don't try to fight it, I did that as a pup, it didn't work. They just keep trying.....

Most importantly, DON’T smile…even if they are grinning ear to ear. Don’t humor them; if they get away with this, they’ll be putting rabbit ears on you next!!

If possible, try to get them to give you a collar, then just pretend you don't like it by refusing to open your eyes when they are taking your picture.

When they aren't looking....you can relax!!

Home - Ranger

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
haha - that was cute.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I helped a friend with a fundraiser. She entered all 4 of her bullmastiffs in a costume contest. These guys get dressed up every year; this year they were Santa & his helpers. The boy wore a Santa suit with a black sparkly belt; the girls wore little skirts with white crinolines & red sparkly waistbands. They all wore their therapy dog vests, and santa hats. The boy also had a beard.
Last year they went as sheepdogs, sheep costumes..the boy had huge gold rams horns. The year before they were all manatees. The year before THAT they were therapy cows..cow costumes with their therapy dog vests.
So the antlers &/or collar don't seem so bad.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
ROFL!! GREAT pics! LOL

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
It's good to get the REAL story right from the dog's own mouth!!

I had a hunch they all felt this way, just by looking at the pictures.

Cute, cute, cute. I love your pictures and the captions are terrific! Thanks for the smiles!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ruby55 - I would love to see a picture of that!! A beard!!? I have to admire that. I'm sure Ranger would eat anything attached to his chin.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
How cute, loved the comments and the head held high, chest out, proud look! I see the little one is learning quickly how to get the "look" :)

·
Chester's Mommy
2,688 Posts
That is too funny - I love the captions! Chester does the same thing when we try to put antlers on - he freezes up and refuses to smile. :D

·
Charlotte
6,603 Posts
So cute and so funny. Now that would make a really good Christmas card. Jess hides under the table when I bring out anything that involves dressing up.

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
Thanks for a great chuckle, we really enjoyed the story & pics.
Ralph & Debbie

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
I don't know how I missed this, but about fell out of my chair laughing. Had to get hubby over to look too. Captions fit the pictures Perfectly. Haven't laughed so hard in a long while.

Thank you so much for working this up. You Know this is exactly what they would be saying. Very creative and wonderful.

·
Valerie
789 Posts
Those were too funny and cute :bowl:

MIL pulled out the ol' antlers for my boy when he went over to her house for a visit. Poor boy hahah.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
OMG - love 'em

1 - 18 of 18 Posts