Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Daisy - my heart
12,575 Posts
Okay, well I'm sure it's a lot easier with a tail that's not wagging !!! :p:

I did my best, I took off a little bit more than I thought I should, because I was so uncomfortable taking off any. I did the rounded tip at the end. Now she's laying down and won't let me see :no:

I'm going to let her outside here in a bit and take a picture....you know it's very possible I totally screwed this up! :doh:

I'm kinda scared. Tail hair does grow back, right?? LOL

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Okay, well I'm sure it's a lot easier with a tail that's not wagging !!! :p:

I did my best, I took off a little bit more than I thought I should, because I was so uncomfortable taking off any. I did the rounded tip at the end. Now she's laying down and won't let me see :no:

I'm going to let her outside here in a bit and take a picture....you know it's very possible I totally screwed this up! :doh:

I'm kinda scared. Tail hair does grow back, right?? LOL
Jo Ellen, I had to laugh at your post. I do believe the hair will grow back but we never get better without practice right?

I have biggest problems trimming feet! Izzie has more hair than Obi so I practice on him more, just to get the technique right. It does help keeping feet trimmed as they are easier to wash when muddy. I've never been able to do it as well as the groomer though... maybe I need to go on a course!

Jo Ellen, make sure you take a pic, I'm sure it's not so bad:p:

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Great site!

I did have to laugh at myself... where they list the tools you'll need, I didn't realize it was a numbered list and took it at face value at first. All I could think was why do you need 5 nail cutters and 6 flashlights to groom a golden?!?!? :cookoo::cookoo::cookoo::cookoo::cookoo:

·
Daisy - my heart
12,575 Posts
Well, it wasn't as bad as I feared. The trick is to trim against a dark surface, not a golden tapestry rug LOL .... and to do one side and then flip to the other. But all in all, not too bad for my first try. I need to touch it up a little, I think I'll try that while she's standing, if I can get her to hold still!

·
Registered
227 Posts
What a waggers! :D
Tail and feet are the only things I do well! Oh, and sometimes ears went out good, I usualy mess up with neck :(
Only I have noticed that we start to cut tail from tail spine (very close to it) so you can see the real leanght of tail. They usualy wiggle when I cut that part.:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts