Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Yuki's mom...Syd
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i seriously cant give up or forget my pet golden which was given away when i was sleeping. i had an argument about my dog with my parents and i said "go to hell" and went to sleep. i was pissed off so i even wrote a letter hoping that my foolish dad would read it and decide not to give the dog away but he didnt read the letter! instead he went ahead and gave the dog away. i cant stop crying and havent slept properly since then. i even got drunk and even tried suicide. i just want my dog back no matter what. what do i do? how can i get her back? (T_T) should i go to the TV station and ask for help or put an ad in newspaper or print posters and distribute all over the city or go to cops? what should i do? i just cant let go of my precious dog. i did get a new pup but i cant live without my old dog i love my baby too much. Her name is Saya. I dont live in US or canada or UK but in asia/india. please give me some ideas. i dunno who took her in or his address. i only know he lives in a certain area and that he is an engineer named Joseph. someone please give me some ideas as to how i can get her back. thank you.

PS: i am going crazy without her around me. docs have given me meds. if it goes on i may try suicide again. so please help and no negative comments if possible i wont be able to take it easy. i am breaking apart day by day.

·
Beware of Nestle Purina
5,715 Posts
Please seek proper medical attention for yourself. You mention attempted suicide. You need more than just meds you also need talk therapy esp. since your parents are not supportive of you. My parents would never have given my pets away.

Take care of yourself.

·
Premium Member
18,094 Posts
Can you talk to your parents and get them to help you find the person they gave her to?

I really think you need to get some help for yourself to learn some coping methods so you can be strong for yourself, your new puppy, and be strong emotionally and mentally to try and search for your dog. Until you are strong yourself you can't be effective looking for her.

They key to finding her is your parents, and you need to try and repair the relationship with them so that you can work together to get the dog back.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Take the others advice. They are both correct.

Suicide is never the answer!!!!!!

Talk to your parents. Talk to them kindly. You will be surprised how much further you can get in a conversation when you are nice to each other.

Did your dog have behavior issues? Maybe assurance from you to work on the problems with her will help.

·
Yuki's mom...Syd
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my dog didnt have any issues :( she was very good no complaints at all. i already spoke to my parents about it but those fools didnt get the complete address or name of the person who they gave her to. even they dont know much except what i had typed in my post. my relationship with them is fine except that i just cant look at them and speak politely like i used to before. just the thought and sight of them angers me but i cant punch my dad in his face so i am just being quiet and attending to my new pup. i am happy with the new pup but i want my old dog beside me...call me greedy but i want her back.

i am taking meds but this back stabbing betrayal was honestly the last blow. i am seeing my doc regularly too but the emptiness inside me isnt going away. my health will be fine i believe i am not that weak its just that i cant take what they did easily. my dog was very beautiful and kind...the perfect dog according to me my best friend and partner. i feel empty and dead without her. please tell me how i can find her any ideas will do. i am thinking of going to the cops and asking for help.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Yuki, you have your new pup and your pup needs you. All you can do is realize sometimes fate lends a hand and things happen for a purpose we don't know about. Maybe your dog was meant to go to someone who loves it just as much as you do and you were meant to give this new puppy a home. We cannot change the past, only the future and you should try to focus on that.

May I ask Yuki how old you are? Will you be able to live on your own soon?
How is the new pup doing today? Kimberly

Reactions: Yuki

·
Yuki's mom...Syd
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am 29 yrs old and i cant live on my own. the reason is not $$ but personal and my psychiatrist has told my parents not to leave me alone. My parents wont let me live on my own but they have promised not to do anything to my pets ever again. i am uneasy but i decided to believe them for the last time regarding pets.

:) my pup is doing fine and is very active. lol i am not getting enough sleep cuz he wakes me up when he is hungry or wants to go potty. he is turning 4 weeks old soon i plan to celebrate it.

As you said "cant change the past only the future and try to focus on it" i am doing my best to do exactly that but the loss of best friend is a bit hard for me. i atleast want to find her, see if she doing alright and the peeps who took her in are treating her right. i keep worrying about my old dog cuz i had trained her differently to suit my lifestyle as i had no plans to get separated from her and it may not be something others would like. what if they treat her "normally" and she got scared. those peeps will have to train her from the start like a puppy. :( i just want her back or atleast make sure she is ok.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts