Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello this is my first time posting. I have been searching and searching the Internet and AKC for a way to find a relative of my Golden, Bailey, who passed away at 13 last year. He was born in 2002 and I have his AKC paperwork. He came from a home breeder as was more the norm at that time. He was an amazing dog! I would do anything to be able to get a puppy from his lineage. Since he wasn't from a fancy breeder, it's difficult to track his other siblings to see if they were bred. I tried contacting the owners but my letter came back to me so they must have moved. Is there any way to use the AKC records to find a relative of my dear Bailey?

·
Kate
22,437 Posts
You could enter his pedigree into K9Data.

Generally - the more information that's in K9Data, the easier it is to track down relatives of your dog.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will order it but where would I go from there? I'm thinking that since he was born in 2002, I will have trouble finding anyone based on his past lineage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you have a copy of your dogs pedigree? How about his registration certificate?
By registration certificate do you mean the paper that lists his parents and the breeder? Yes I have that. I have not ordered his pedigree because I figured due to him being born in 2002, I'd have difficulty finding any of the dogs from his lineage. But if you have any suggestions, I am very open to them! Thank you!

·
Kate
22,437 Posts
Have you looked the parents up on K9data?

If they are already on K9Data, it's just as simple as adding your dog and hooking him to their pedigrees.

If they aren't on K9data - then you have to get a pedigree from the breeder - and or unfortunately you'll have to order from AKC. Unless you know somebody who can look the pedigree up for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts