Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bentley is in the pool at least twice a day now....when he gets out he runs around rubbing his ears on the ground. I assume he has water in there. What is the best way to dry out his ears after a swim?

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
I put the towel over my index finger and, in much the same way I clean her ear with a cotton pad, I put my finger in and just move it around and make sure that it's as dry as possible. You can't put a finger with a towel down far enough to do any harm, and you will get it pretty dry. My girl always groans with pleasure when I dry her ears. :) Remember to do behind the ears, too, as they can get hot spots back there really easily!

·
Registered
20,993 Posts
I've been using Vet Solutions Swimmer's Ear Astringent, which I see is discontinued. There is another brand, Vedco, but I don't know anything about that one.

·
Kodasmomma
1,482 Posts
We have an ear solution from the vet, can't think of the brand off the top of my head. They gave it to us when we said we would be up swimming for a week straight. I would check with your vet if they have an ear cleaning solution for after swims! :)

·
AAARF!
2,216 Posts
I buy Vet Solutions Ear Cleansing Solutions recommended by my vet. I use it after my dogs go swimming. According to the bottle, it helps "clean, dry, acidify and deodorize" the ear canal. My dogs aren't thrilled with having it squirted in their ears though. I think they would rather I squirt in in their mouths because it smells pretty good! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts