Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eclipsee_ Can anyone tell me at what age a golden is considered full grown?? When we got Sandy at 7 1/2 weeks she was 10 lbs. Now at 12 1/2 weeks she's 20 lbs!! Her paws are huge and I was wondering at what age she'll stop growing?? I am feeding her Eukanouba for large breed but less than what the bag recommends. The Vet thinks she looks great! Also when do they get all their adult teeth?? :thanks:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Full grown for a Golden (and most other breeds) comes in two catagories. The average GR should be about at max height at around 10 months. But they continue to fill out and achieve a mature build until they're about 2 yrs.

I think they start loosing puppy teeth at around 20 weeks and will continue to loose them for about 10 more weeks. Most of the time they will swallow those little needles and you will never see them. I think for most of us their adult teeth never come soon enough. My hands are bleeding almost every day now. I just can't resist rough-housing with the little guys.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong about these times.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My 5 1/2 month old has most of his big teeth already in, he started loosing his baby teeth at 4 months. One day I was playing with Riley and he spit a tooth right into my hand, that was interesting ha ha.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts