Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Poll: How old is the oldest Golden here?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
"GO TARHEELS!!!"
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought it might be fun to see how old some of our Goldens are!

I'll start, Mandy is about 11.5

I know there are some older ones here! Please let us know how old your's are. There will be 'cheers' for the oldest!!!

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
so far, Obi's in the oldest category -- he'll be 13 in Jan. I know they are some older kids here

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Beau is 12 yr 3 mo old and keeps going like the energizer bunny but slower.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Are we counting rainbow bridge dogs? Mine was 16+... Sweet thing! And she was pretty robust up until the last month or two...

Jodie

·
crazy for goldens!
844 Posts
Brutus will be 13 this Friday. And my brother and sis each have a sibling of his that is still going strong also!

Their mother Stormy was 16 when we lost her.

·
Registered
16,391 Posts
Our oldest Goldie was Joplin, 4/20/1987-9/14/2002

·
IKE- Canine Blood Donor
12,542 Posts
Congrat's on your long lived Goldens. Sam lived to be 12 years 5 months and 7 days...yeah, I counted. I'm told Sam's mother is still alive. She's 16. I'm praying for Ike to be the longest lived Golden in Breed History....he's 20 months into it.:)

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
My mother's neighbor just put down her 17 year old Golden this week. I invited her to the board, not sure if she has showed up.

·
Opus and Tasha
3,988 Posts
Opus was 14 years and 9 months .... I think it will take that long to get over not having her around.

·
Lesley
132 Posts
Hi
Haven't posted in a while but my Stroma celebrated his 14th birthday onthe 28th August - keep going buddy!!!

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
Maxine will be 12 on 12/26. She is still behaving like a puppy. Ok maybe she has slowed a little, but really not much. She keeps up with my younger dogs.

I have told her it is her job to live to be the oldest golden retriever ever. I think there was one that made it to 18 1/2. So I told her 8 more years, no problem. I honestly don't know how I will make it with out her, she is the air I breathe.

Maxine this past April.

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
My old girl Trapper was 17 years and 2 months. She just went to bridge in Sept. Not sure when I will get over not having her around

Deb

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have two dogs Max and Shammy, Max is my oldest he is 16.5... very old! Max can still walk about 2 miles with me! Shammy is 2 and can run about...10! No but she is very healthy! So if your dog is over 16 please contact me!

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 102 Posts