Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As Needed

Votes: 11 18.6%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Inactive
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious how everyone handles it. For the most part, I clean Scout's weekly with her bath whether they look dirty or not.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Our routine sounds similar. I squirt all ears with the Vet Solutions Ear Cleaner after the weekly baths. I also trim the inside ear hair as needed. All help keep those ears dry and clean.

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
I clean Molson's out about once every other week with an ear cleaning solution, in addition to anytime he goes swimming.

I was told by our new vet not to clean them too often because it will dry out the natural oils in there, possibly causing more frequent ear infections.

·
Scouts Mom
844 Posts
Scout has never had an ear infection but her ears seem to get dirty pretty quickly. I clean them at least once a week and every time she goes swimming, which in the summertime is every weekend. I can't believe she's never gotten an infection considering how much time she spends in the water.

·
Old Gold is the Best Gold
18,122 Posts
Every day or two I wipe the ear out with a baby wipe, and weekly I use the ear cleaner for a deep cleaning. All of my dogs have clean, fresh smelling ears, and none of them have ever had an ear infection.

·
Old Gold is the Best Gold
18,122 Posts
Listerine rules. I have bathed entire infected, filthy rescue dogs with it before. I've also used on on cuts and scrapes on myself and on animals. Gooooood stuff!

·
I've seen all good people
5,002 Posts
I clean Merlin's ears as needed. While I check them (includes smelling them :) ) often, they stay really clean. I think he's had one ear infection in his 2.5 years. I feel lucky that he is not prone to them.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i clean angels ears once a week but only bath her once every 2-3 months as requiered :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts