Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have doing some reading online and am not sure how much to feed our puppy. She is 13 weeks old and about 20 pounds. We had some issues with her prior food so she is now on grain free Natural Balance. The chart for puppies on their website say to feed her 3 cups per day. That seems alot. Any suggestions?

We have had 2 other goldens and always free fed them but this one is a chow hound :)

·
Registered
783 Posts
Hi!

We have Amber, who is 6.5 mos. and 52 lbs. and is also fed Natural Balance (Potato and Duck) at 4 cups a day. At 14 weeks, we were feeding approx. 2 3/4 - 3 cups daily over 3 meals. She should do well, just monitor her weight and the feel of ribs. Other threads can provide that information. We are very happy with NB and have 3 dogs on it. :wavey:

·
Registered
639 Posts
We are also feeding Natural Balance but at 9 months Ozzy is getting less than 4 cups. I've noticed their different mixtures have different feeding guidelines I guess due to calorie differences.

According to our food Ozzy should be getting up to 4 cups a day. I try to figure out what he's getting between meals, treats (we use food when training), in Kongs, etc. and split it up. Ozzy has always been really lean but is recently filling out a little. I was told at the vets yesterday he was the perfect weight for his frame. He's just about 60 pounds.

He would eat the whole bag if I let him...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts