Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
I have my first Golden right now (6.5 months), so I'm no expert (others on here will have some experienced advice), but I would say let him play for 20-30 minutes after coming in from a potty break, then put him in his crate, or wherever you have him rest for an hour or more, then repeat. Basically he'll do as much exercise as he wants to do, then flop someplace (sometimes really odd places!) and go to sleep when he wants to.

Only real restriction I can think of is jumping. You don't want him jumping up and down things for a while. Hard on the joints.

Enjoy your puppy! And be sure to post pictures... :)

·
Hammer's Mommy
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have my first Golden right now (6.5 months), so I'm no expert (others on here will have some experienced advice), but I would say let him play for 20-30 minutes after coming in from a potty break, then put him in his crate, or wherever you have him rest for an hour or more, then repeat. Basically he'll do as much exercise as he wants to do, then flop someplace (sometimes really odd places!) and go to sleep when he wants to.

Only real restriction I can think of is jumping. You don't want him jumping up and down things for a while. Hard on the joints.

Enjoy your puppy! And be sure to post pictures... :)
good advices! I had no idea about the jumping... But thanks so much!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts