Votes: 90 18.9%
  • 1300+

Votes: 222 46.6%

• Total voters
161 - 174 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
$1800 for Willy, but he was micro-chipped, AKC registered, clearances on both sides quite a few generations back, and his Dad is a Champ. (If I include 2 round-trip tix NC-Seattle, 3 hotel nights, 1 day rental car, food, pup's $125 to fly home, his flight accessories, etc. - which I did not add all up purposely, I probably paid enough for a somewhat decent used vehicle, lol)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I paid $600 for Copper in March. I got him from a Golden Retriever rescue organization when he was 8 months old. I paid more than their usual fee because he was purebred (although unregistered.) He was worth every penny, and I was happy that the funds will help with medical care and adoption expenses for other rescues.

Attachments

·
Registered
580 Posts
Well, I got my Perry for free. She was found on the street at the age of 6 months old.She came with a baggage of lots of free hugs & love. Very silent, a natural therapy dog, she can calm down any person even dogs. If I lock myself out, I don't even bother.No There is Perry at home who can open every single door. If she decides that I need a wardrobe cleaning she does the work for me. Every month, we throw away many trainers , jogging pants, socks,t-shirts.... in which she loves to drill a big hole by chewing. If she finds the buttons of my new shirts not fashionable enough, no problem. She justs rips them off. If the weather is very hot , no need to turn on the AC. There is the limited edition ventilator called Perry's tail doing the work.If a degustator is needed before serving the cooked food to the guests, there is no problem. Perry does the work according to Micheline standards. What can I say; besides being free, I am in debt to the Universe :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Teddy was $2500, i live in SoCal but got him from a breeder in Arizona. Champion Sire and Dams Parents & Grandparents are also champions

·
Registered
2 Posts
Around my general area, I have seen BYB selling puppies for 1500+ without having any clearances from the parents. My friend (bless his soul) decided not to take my advice to avoid BYB and to at least check for clearances but he didn't listen and paid $1500 for his. My Indy is 2500, but he is coming from parents that have excellent clearances, very socialized, and come from reputable breeders that care about preservation on the breed. I think most people get price shocked when they see how much a pup from a reputable breeder is.

·
432 Posts
I am adding a new addition to my golden family this spring, and I am paying $2000 CAD. Prices have defiantly increased in the past 8 years since I brought Ripley home!

·
Registered
248 Posts
$2,500 with a $500 military discount. GRCA Code of Ethics Breeder and Breeder of Merit. Long lines of health and winners. AKC, microchipped, standard healthcare, no spay/neuter contract just no breeding. Limited registration

·
Premium Member
4,476 Posts
$2,200 for my latest pup. The most I've ever spent on a pup. I have a friend that is getting $3,000 for some of her pups, depending on the breeding.

·
Registered
219 Posts
$2500 in Nov of 2019, from a Massachusetts breeder. I actually bought an adult (3 year old) from the breeder, but it was the same price she had quoted me for a puppy. Great, well-established and respected breeder with all appropriate clearances. I own my boy on a co-ownership agreement and the breeder had already done all his clearances - he was kept as a potential stud but never made standard height. Both parents are champions (with many champions behind them). The breeder had JUST raised her prices from $2000 to $2500.

Prices in our area (New England) seem to be mostly in the $2000-$2500 range. There are several breeders who are asking $3000+, but most can't give me a reason for the higher price other than that is the price the market will bear in our area...

161 - 174 of 174 Posts