Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Wow, I don't think we can match this... Problem is that most of the toys we give our goldens are destroyed within a week or two...

·
Registered
187 Posts
I cant give Milly soft toys as she tears them to bits in minutes:no:

I have to get the indestructable type that she cant chew to pieces!

·
Mom to Holly and Rosie
3,174 Posts
We found the solution to the torn toys:) Purchase stuffed animals in the children's and baby departments. The stitching is more secure. Holly has two that have lasted over two years. The stuffed toys from the pet store are long gone....they lasted maybe 1/2 day:(.

·
Registered
101 Posts
wow! Rocky has very little toys compared to Tara. We let him have 4 at a time but we rotate his toys weekly. I was told to do this because puppies will get bored of one toy really quicky and they like playing with new toys or old toys they haven't played with for a while(a week or two in his case).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tara has toys from when she was a baby

She only picks the fur off them, but doesn't really destroy them.
I buy kids stuffed animals too but i have to open them up and put squeakers in them cause she don't like them unless they make a noise. :doh:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Oh my!

No cute stuffed woobies at my house..........I have WOOBIE KILLERS! I think they have a contest as to who can de-stuff the woobie the fastest!

When I DID allow woobies, I'd go to garage sales and get them for $.10 each... not much monetary loss that way!

My puppers do like the squeak toys.........I don't mind them as at least I know what they're doing and where they are!!!

Their favorite is just the chew bones that I purchase..........they last and last and last even with all 5 puppers chewing on the 24/7!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Clancy used to be a woobie killer, but not any more. He must have at least 20 or 30 toys that we buy at yard sales and cheap places.

This reminds me of a story about why Goldens destroy their woobies. I will post it in a new forum since it is long.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts