Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Found my Golden boy!
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope you dont mind me asking all these questions because I have a ton.

Jake will have his Rabies, his microchip one and his identification. 3

I know the clinking will drive me a little crazy, especially at night. Is there a way to keep them from making noise?

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Both my guys should have 4 on their collar. City license, rabies, microchip and ID tag. Unfortunately they each only currently have their city license because they loose tags quickly.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Our dogs have 3, the state license tag, ID tag, and rabies tag from the vet's office. Their ID tags are plastic, so they don't make any noise.

·
I ♥ Bailey and Annie!
1,785 Posts
I have three, but I don't use them unless we go somewhere. I have her ID, rabies license and city license on there. I hate the noise too.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
My cousin couldn't stand the noise that her dog's tags made, so she used a cable tie to keep all three tight together. They don't make noise but you can still read them all.

I just got the boys new tags so that they only have to wear two. One will always be rabies and the other is an ID tag with their name, my phone number, my name and their AKC number on it, but you could always put the home again chip number instead. I don't think we have a state license tag in Illinois.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
only their Boomerang slide-on tags. I don't understand why/where dogs have to have their rabies tags at all times

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
I like the noise cause it helps me keep track of my girl in the house at night. If I hear her walking around at night, I know I've got to get her out for a potty break.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
only their Boomerang slide-on tags. I don't understand why/where dogs have to have their rabies tags at all times

Us too. Only their boomerang, which lays flat on the collar. I have M'Chipped on there, the vets number, name and my cell #.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Someone told me the reason you should leave the rabies tag on is that if they ever get loose and picked up by animal control and they don't know they already have the rabies shot, they will give the dog one right away.

Harvey has the following tags:
1)name tag
2)microchip tag
3)rabies tag
4)green tag that is required to be off leash at parks in Colorado

Thank goodness we don't need a city license where we live or we'd be at 5. Hopefully, we'll also have a Canine Good Citizen tag but I believe you can order one that can also be used as a name tag.

There are prodcuts you can use to silence the tags. I keep all the tags on one ring and have special clip so I can take them on and off the collars easily. I also take his collar off completely when we're at home or in the backyard.

·
Registered
410 Posts

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Mine don't wear any either.

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
The only dangly tag is the microchip tag. His name tag and phone numbers are on the boomerang tag (the best tag EVER! :)). http://www.boomerangtags.com/

I keep his rabies tag in my wallet.
Love the boomerang tag too!!
OK....mine have two collars. Their everyday collar has the boomerang tag with our name and phone numbers. I love this tag but not because of the noise. My "smart" puppy:no: had regular tags and was sleeping to close to the a/c grate on the floor and got his tag stuck it in...poor guy was freaking out with the grate swinging from his neck. :doh:(thank god I was home). They have 2nd collar with extra name/phone tag, rabies, county, and dog park tag...they don't wear this collar often but it keeps all the tags together in same place.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Hank has 4...ID tag, rabies tag, microchip tag & County license. The noise really doesn't bother me but I do worry about him getting them caught in something. The wrap mentioned up thread sounds like a great idea.

·
The Missouri Crew
13,683 Posts
2... 1 id tag and there rabies, the jingle doesnt bother me.. I always know where they are.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Scout wears 3 tags. His rabies, his ID and his hospice ID/permission tag.

Sara wears 2. Her rabies and ID.

They each have these little rubber pieces that fit around the exterior of the tag that diminish the clinking noise they make. And the rubber glows in the dark...which is very handy out on the property. I can't remember where I found them...some pet shop.

When they are home and inside, they do not wear collars or tags.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Never had a tag on Ruby except a ID plate attached to her hunting collar. I don't foresee Bauer having any daily tags either.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts