Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

How many dogs do you own?

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many dogs do you own? Please specify breeds after you vote.

I own one Golden right now, but growing up when we lived on the farm the most my family had was probably 11 or 12 (a few purebreds, and a whole lot of Heinz 57's).

I am making this a public poll, and allowing you to vote for more than one option in-case you have a situation where you might vote for multiple options (co-owning dogs that don't always live with you, etc). If you do vote for multiple options please explain with a response.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I have 3 dogs: Gus the Golden; Charlie Brown, the Chocolate Lab/Chesapeake Bay Retriever mix; and Ace of Base, the insane Black Lab mix.

Gus is the first dog I've ever had, and apparently now I can't stop! (Well, actually I can stop or my husband will divorce me!)

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
2 golden littermate sisters
1 rescue springer
1 aussie mix

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
Three Goldens-Creed, Trouble and Bindi (Sunshine)

One Pug-Sabu

One PP Chinese Crested-Cher

·
Premium Member
16,435 Posts
Three goldens for me: Finn, Tally, and Tango. A "generation" ago, I had three goldens too: Joplin, Raleigh, and Acadia. I am very comfortable at 3 or 4. 5 is way too many and with only 2, I hate to take one and leave one at home.

·
Premium Member
16,435 Posts
3 golden retrievers: Reno, Austin and Lincoln.
I love your cities name theme. We had a golden Raleigh and I have an elderly morgan horse named Charleston.

·
I ♥ Bailey and Annie!
1,785 Posts
Just the one. I would love to have another one though. Maybe in a year or two. I would love to own a male in the future.

·
where the tails wag
13,384 Posts
I own Casey
I co-own Faelan
I foster (hopefully will co-own) Towhee

so I voted 2 :) They are all goldens

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
4 in all: 1 6 year old female golden, 1 5 year old male golden, 1 5 year old male Lhasa Apso, 1 5 month old male golden. Annabel wishes that she were an only dog. I can just see her eyes roll every time I bring home a new one.

·
MEG
1,568 Posts
'0'- That solitary little '1' next to the '0' on the poll is me! :sadwavey:.How sad is that?

·
est.1989
4,374 Posts
Currently 9 in house --so I checked 8-10
Adi & Tauri - retired couch kids!
Blue,Demi,Teal,Roxy,Piper,Kiss
Reba -- on the mend from her spay - currently available to a loving home
Boston is fostered with a loving family

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
Just my 2 Golden furballs, Sammy & Dillon.

Would love to have more.. but I'd be minus one fiance. :(

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
Currently 9 in house --so I checked 8-10
Adi & Tauri - retired couch kids!
Blue,Demi,Teal,Roxy,Piper,Kiss
Reba -- on the mend from her spay - currently available to a loving home
Boston is fostered with a loving family
My face has this stupid huge grin (like this -> :D) on it, thinking about what it would be like to live with 9 dogs! Just imagining all of the cuddles and loving! ... and poop-picking :no:

For PG & arcane, I've always been curious to know how you manage so many? Are they ever all free to roam in the house together at the same time? Do they all get along? Do you have to rotate them so some are inside, some are outside, some are kenneled, etc. I can only imagine how much work it is.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
We have 2 now (Golden & GSD), but we'll have 3 in 8 weeks. Our new pup was just born yesterday. :bowl:

1 - 20 of 88 Posts