Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone happen to know approx how many cups there are per pound of California Natural puppy formula, or Eukanuba puppy? Or, how many cups there are per bag (30 lbs for California) (40 lbs for Euk)?

Contemplating a switch and would like to narrow down what the cost comparison might be. I have all the other figures, price per bag, recommended portions...but need to know this last piece.

Just by eye balling the numbers, it doesn't look like changing would be THAT much more, but I'd still like to know.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
bumping up

·
Registered
869 Posts
Not sure cups per bag, but to feed the same age & size puppy the guidelines say you have to use more Eukanuba.( over 3 cups) So even if cups turn out the same, Natural Balance takes less food. ( 2 5/8 c) I compared a 3-4 month old puppy at 20-22 pounds to see what each food said. For the heck of it I also check Fromm large breed puppy & you use even less of it for the same size dog & age.(2- 2 1/4) They have 33 lb bags & a program if you buy I think 10 bags you get one free.

·
Registered
820 Posts
You know I know there is some kind of formula of dividing something by the kcal? I hope someone can help. I use California Natural but store it so I do not have the bag. Let me see what I can find though.

·
Registered
820 Posts
CN should have about 136 cups of food in a bag. I am pretty sure by the information I got that Eukabana would have approximately 181 cups

1 - 5 of 5 Posts