Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this topic has previously been discussed but thought I'd ask again.

At what age have most of you stopped feeding your GR puppy food? I've heard anywhere from 8 months to 24 months. We are still feeding our 8.5 and 10.5 month old puppy food. We feed them Horizon which is a food that is manufactured right here in Saskatchewan where we live. We also feed our senior dog the Horizon brand. We are currently feeding the puppies 3 cups a day or 2.5 and supplemented with a mixture of beef/rice and veggies. Although I haven't had them weighed since they were neutered, I'm guessing they both weigh between 70 and 75 pounds. They both have the nice waist happening!!!

I was considering keeping them on puppy food until they were 18 months but would like to hear what others recommend.....

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
We change to adult food around 7-8 months, but I know that some people do it sooner. I would definitely switch to adult food now. I would never wait until 18 months. I wouldn't even wait until 12 months. It's best to switch to adult food to slow their growth down a bit, which is better for their joints.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I only fed Riley puppy food for a couple of weeks while I transitioned to an "All lifestages" formula. If I did feed puppy food I would not feed it past 6 months old.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts