Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

How long did you wait for your puppy(from getting a waitlist to bringing puppy home)?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you may know, I'm still searching for breeders. I'm aware that since COVID, the demand for Golden Retrievers has gotten quite high. How long did you wait for your puppy from getting on a waitlist to getting the dog home, during COVID?

·
Read Only
246 Posts
What's with all the data gathering via a very basic and not very sensitive questionnaire? Your answer 1 is leading ("I was lucky"), and you've given only three response options. Keen and engaged people who respond to a 'quiz' about a subject (anything to do with Golden Retrievers/<insert hobby here>) that they are invested in, will usually go for the middle option when they're not sure. ...Which will pollute your results.
Statos will tell you, never give an odd number of choices in a questionnaire.
Well designed questionnaires without bias or drive are hard to do. What are you planning on doing with the results of a likely very small dataset, from a biased audience, with limited multiple choice questions?

·
Super Moderator Leader
50,371 Posts
As many of you may know, I'm still searching for breeders. I'm aware that since COVID, the demand for Golden Retrievers has gotten quite high. How long did you wait for your puppy from getting on a waitlist to getting the dog home, during COVID?
Reading through the threads I've seen posted over the last year, it seems a majority of members have waited at least 8 months to a year.

It may be a 1-2 year wait for people now.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
There are already at least a couple of threads in regards to wait times in the past year. I only waited 5 months (inquired in June, picked up in November). But I already have an older sibling from this breeder. I don't think I had an "in" per se as I'm sure if she didn't think I'd make a good home she wouldn't have sold me another puppy; but I think it was easier for her to read and respond to my inquiry since we already have a relationship.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Our puppy is a field bred pup. We got on a waiting list at the number 2 slot! 8 weeks after they were born, we picked up our pup...to get a field bred Golden you have to be a person that runs them in Hunt tests, Field Trials, and/or be an avid bird hunter.

·
Registered
17 Posts
In December, I was added to a reservation list for a planned breeding. If everything goes as planned, I will bring home a puppy in late June or early July.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts