Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Davina
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love how when Sharlette is done playing with the boys (4 and 2 years old) and wants to nap she begs and insists on sitting in my lap to sleep.....(she brings her favorite monkey toy with her) How is this going to work out in a few weeks? LOL IDK how she is going to fit in a few weeks. She almost doesn't fit now. I LOVE HER SO MUCH!!!!! LOL

Attachments

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,584 Posts
My Remy weighs 72lbs., he still climbs in my lap everynight to take a nap or to just cuddle. Yes, he no longer fits in my lap and is a bit heavy, but I would really miss it if he didn't.

The pic of Sharlette with her monkey is too cute!

·
Davina
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YES! I love her nap times. She ALWAYS has to sleep in my lap for her naps. I will miss it if she stops doing it. it doesn't matter where in the house I am she will come find me for her nap. Like in the picture. I was at the computer and she got up in my lap in my computer chair LOL I can tell when she is ready for her nap too cause she will find her monkey and carry it around LOL

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,584 Posts
YES! I love her nap times. She ALWAYS has to sleep in my lap for her naps. I will miss it if she stops doing it. it doesn't matter where in the house I am she will come find me for her nap. Like in the picture. I was at the computer and she got up in my lap in my computer chair LOL I can tell when she is ready for her nap too cause she will find her monkey and carry it around LOL
That's just too precious, Sharlette is looking great, she's really coming along nicely-you're the best mom this little girl could ever have!

·
Davina
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's just too precious, Sharlette is looking great, she's really coming along nicely-you're the best mom this little girl could ever have!
awe thank you. I have had her exactly 4 weeks as of today. :O) IDK how I lived this long without her before I got her. LOL she is my world. Like I had another child. LOL

·
Kodasmomma
1,482 Posts
Awww that is so precious. Koda cuddles up to the sides of my legs but she isn't much of a cuddler in my lap...rarely does she do that. She usually falls asleep somewhere else and then comes over to cuddle up to my legs...wish she did that...

My hubby had past goldens that cuddled in laps till their last day here...she will always want your lap as her nap spot!

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,584 Posts
awe thank you. I have had her exactly 4 weeks as of today. :O) IDK how I lived this long without her before I got her. LOL she is my world. Like I had another child. LOL
Hubby and I are empty nesters, we have a son who is 24 and living on his own now-YEAH!!!!!

Our dogs are like our kids now too, spoiled rotten, they go everywhere we go, they are rarely left at home by themselves, life for the most part is all about them but we wouldn't have it any other way.

·
Registered
62 Posts
That's really sweet! Griffey sleeps in our bed with us and I have woken several times to him "spooning me" with his head on my pillow and his front leg draped over my side. I wouldn't have it any other way! We don't have kids yet so he and our 3 cats are our whole world!

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Oooohhhh, you're in big trouble! :D

Maybe start now with having her sit not ON your lap but NEXT to it. Or just enjoy it all...!

Tucker has never been a lap boy, to our sadness. But he really likes to be near us at all times, often leaning against our legs.

She's so cute--you got a real keeper when you got her.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
That must be so cute you want to weep! You are her mommy!

Cannella crawls in my lap every night but on the couch helps. I would not want it any other way.... (almost 3 and 52lbs)...

·
Dexter's Mom aka Kristin
625 Posts
Oh yeah, don't worry. She'll still do it when she weighs 60 lbs. LOL.

·
Davina
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
She's so cute--you got a real keeper when you got her.
^---- I think she might just be. ;0)

That must be so cute you want to weep! You are her mommy!
^-------I think she honestly thinks I am her mommy. I need to get a video of her nursing on my thumb.... every night she sucks my thumb as she falls asleep in my lap around 5pm..... silly girl!

Oh yeah, don't worry. She'll still do it when she weighs 60 lbs. LOL.
^------ my lap is screaming NOOOOOOOO just reading this. LOL

·
Dexter's Mom aka Kristin
625 Posts
It's not so bad. You'll just have to sit on the floor or on the bed. Hahaha. It's still cute :)

·
Davina
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
::update::

She still naps on my lap.... even when I am working at the computer. She almost doesn't fit. See her butt ON the arm of the computer chair LOL and look she still HAS to have her monkey LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
You are killing me here with the CUTENESS! I want a picture of her sucking your thumb!

I want a puppy!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Oh MY, you did it! Thank you, Thank you! That is so darn cute!!! She looks a little fustrated though...where's the milk! She is such a cutie pie!

·
Davina
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh MY, you did it! Thank you, Thank you! That is so darn cute!!! She looks a little fustrated though...where's the milk! She is such a cutie pie!
she for sure use to get SO frustrated with it when she wouldn't get any milk from my thumb. she would take her 2 front paws and kneed at my hand to try to get my hand to let some milk down. LOL now she seems to know it wont get her anywhere and more sucks on my thumb as a comfort thing. My husband says she thinks I am her mommy. LOL

1 - 20 of 22 Posts