Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

What's your highest level of education completed?

• High school diploma

Votes: 30 20.5%
  • Undergraduate degree (BS, BA, etc)

Votes: 64 43.8%
  • Graduate degree (masters, etc.)

Votes: 33 22.6%
  • Professional degree (PHD, MD, DVM, etc.)

Votes: 19 13.0%
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Amber's Owner
2,100 Posts
Haven't voted because I don't know what the equivalent of UK NVQ Level 2 is. I am also currenly brushing up and repassing my tests for Adult Literacy and Numeracy (I have passed the Literacy and currently doing the numeracy as schools require up to date certificates and non EU.

All my other qualifications are french and wouldn't mean anything to US or UK members (after 20 years here - It no longer matters as UK do not recognise my French Certificates).

331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd like to vote, but there isn't an option that says "College Degree", which in my region is different from University.
I think since we aren't being too scientific here that we can group Colleges and Universities together.

Haven't voted because I don't know what the equivalent of UK NVQ Level 2 is. I am also currenly brushing up and repassing my tests for Adult Literacy and Numeracy (I have passed the Literacy and currently doing the numeracy as schools require up to date certificates and non EU.

All my other qualifications are french and wouldn't mean anything to US or UK members (after 20 years here - It no longer matters as UK do not recognise my French Certificates).

I didn't know what all to list for our non-US members, sorry!

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
This is a good thread,not for me but very interesting.

In the UK when I was at school long time ago we had CSE at 16 (certificate of secondary education)that was basic then O Level also 16 but a little higher qualification then 2 years to do A levels (things have changed since) I took CSE in 7 subjects and never went back for the results that was in 1976 (I have a phobia about exams) I have since taken at what was then classed as A level at that time Psycicology, English Lit and Law up untill the exams then bottled out.:( I wish I had been able to grow out of my phobia of the dam exams.

I have so much admiration for anyone that studies and takes all the exams to get where they want to be.

I have been lucky that if I wanted a job badley enough I have managed to blag my way through to get it,(by that I dont mean lyeing about qualifications,) just managed the gift of the gab at the right time.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I didnt vote because I hold multiple certifications, in various fields, and have taken some college level courses but there is no category for technical certs. :(

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
honeys mom I think we were in the same system at about the same time, it was tough! I got the qualifications, then never really used them!

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Not to worry! I didn't realise this was just a US post.
Dont think this was just meant as a USA post how is the OP suposed to know equal quailifications world wide, hmmm that would be good if someone could evaluate that,unfortunatly I have not the quailifications to do it. :D

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Bachelor of Science ---Kansas State University Journalism Mass Communications/Advertising Marketing

I wanted to be a reporter til I flunked reporting. I switched to advertising soon after...

·
i lub alda mi prens
1,083 Posts
I have not been out of school for longer than a year since 1985. I got my first undergrad from Warren Wilson College in 89. It was a BA in English Lit with a concentration in Medieval Lit. I then went to ECPI and graduated validictorian with a degree in computer tech. I then found myself at NC School of Natural Healing where I eared 2 degrees. The first was in Medicinal Herbalism, the second was meditation instruction and esoteric healing. I then found myself at Western Carolina University and earing a degree in Middle Grades Education. I was quickly talked into a Master's program and just finished my MAT in applied teaching.

I don't know what I'm going to get next... I've been thinking about getting a master trainer liscense but I don't know how to go about getting it. I'll keep researching :)

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
just hi school -- but when I retired my job required a 4 year degree in almost anything

(love learning, but I truly HATE school -an anxiety thing? even get nervous about classes Bridger & I go to)

1 - 20 of 66 Posts