Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Old Guy
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Joe...

How does one go about creating a thread with a poll? I tried checking off the 'yes, post a poll in this thread' box under the additional options but when I previewed the post... no poll.

And at what point will I get to insert the polling options?:confused:

Thanks...

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Just create a new thread and at the bottom you'll get an options to create a poll and add the questions.
It should be simple
Joe

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Just to add to this or explain it better:
At the end of additional options when you start a new thread, there's a box that says "Yes, post a poll with this thread". Put an x (checkmark) in that box and then it'll ask for a poll title and poll questions.
Joe

·
Amber's Owner
2,100 Posts
Just to add to this or explain it better:
At the end of additional options when you start a new thread, there's a box that says "Yes, post a poll with this thread". Put an x (checkmark) in that box and then it'll ask for a poll title and poll questions.
Joe
Sorry nothing happens when I do that! :uhoh:
Create thread (no title or text)
Scroll down and tick the box
Entered no. of poll option...

Then nothing happens... Should I click on something else:doh:

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Once you check the box, just press 'Submit new thread' button and it will take you to create a poll.
Joe

·
Amber's Owner
2,100 Posts
I think I have managed to create my first poll!

I must say though it didn't not allow me to just click on new thread then, tick poll and then submit.

After that I got an error telling me that I needed to add a title and a subject for the THREAD than after submitting I had to add title and details of the poll all over again (title etc...).

I just thought I let you know in case there are people like me outhere a bit slow to follow simple instructions. :uhoh: :)

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Yeah, first time I had a little problem with it myself, but it's really just about to fill in all of the fields properly. :)
Joe

·
Old Guy
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
...I just thought I let you know in case there are people like me outhere a bit slow to follow simple instructions. :uhoh: :)
Well Shirley... I've yet to create a poll successfully, though I've had several false starts in the past. Haven't tried one recently though... maybe I'll try again soon... now that you've given me the courage.

·
Banned
16,884 Posts
Well Shirley... I've yet to create a poll successfully, though I've had several false starts in the past. Haven't tried one recently though... maybe I'll try again soon... now that you've given me the courage.
Another thing..."Preview Post" won't show the poll. You check that box for a poll, enter the number of questions, then Submit. Then it takes you to the next screen where you enter your questions, and the choices...

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Yup, that is exactly it Rick. It makes a lot of sense looking at the process (of creating a poll) from the view of a programmer, but from the point of an end user, experience is, as we can see, quite a bit different...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts