Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picture this: I'm sitting in my chair watching the ball game. Dan's reading on the sofa next to me. Soft light from his reading lamp. Where's Penny? Oh look, isn't that sweet? She's laying right next to my chair. I lean my arm over and start stroking her side and haunch. She doesn't move other than to give me a couple soft kisses.

What's this?? Teeth? No a kiss. No, teeth. Then more teeth. Then my hand is being mouthed. She pushes under my hand so I'm scratching the other side of her neck. Then she pushes again until my hand is over her muzzle...her favorite play position. We don't know why but she loves our hand over her eyes and muzzle. She presses up into our hand and always wants more.

Then she leaps up and is jumping in circles in front of me, barking and BEGGING me to play. Long story short: I'm now covered in dog hair from rolling around on the floor with her. She must be happy because she's snoozing next to me.

Elapsed time? less than 10 minutes!!! I love my girl!!!

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
This is how we wake up on weekend mornings....during the week we jump out of bed and get the day moving but on the weekend we pretend to sleep because the first pat turns into kisses, licking, teeth...play time!! I got up early this morning...tomorrow I will let DH pat them first and I will pretend to sleep :) zzzzz

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's exactly how Penny likes to start her day too. Nothing better than playing on the bed. Do you play Monster Under the Covers with your hand? She goes nuts when we start moving our hand under the covers.

This is how we wake up on weekend mornings....during the week we jump out of bed and get the day moving but on the weekend we pretend to sleep because the first pat turns into kisses, licking, teeth...play time!! I got up early this morning...tomorrow I will let DH pat them first and I will pretend to sleep :) zzzzz

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
That's exactly how Penny likes to start her day too. Nothing better than playing on the bed. Do you play Monster Under the Covers with your hand? She goes nuts when we start moving our hand under the covers.
That is funny...Murphy will eat your hand if you do that. But poor Chester (he is my big baby) all you have to say is BED MONSTER and he jumps off the bed and barks ... I really think he is afraid. :(

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That funny, Janine, that he gets afraid by the words. And Penny does eat the hand; it doesn't hurt as much with the covers protecting. A lot of time she'll try to entice me into the bedroom and then jump on the bed. She wants more play time...and, of course, I HAVE to play with her. How can I resist??:no::)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts