Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just curious how pet owners treat their doggies on their birthday. I boiled the boneless chicken and gave it to my Pochi on his birthday...Next year, I am thinking of doing something different...Share!

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
We normally make fools of ourselves and tell them Happy Birthday all day long, tell all of our family members that it's their birthday, buy Frosty Paws for their dessert after dinner and sing Happy Birthday to them. Yes, we are a bit over the top. LOL

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Buy the golden a small cheeseburger with nothing on it. For the westie, give her a chicken nugget or 2. They MAY also get a new toy if they are needing one.

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
Well it is hard to spoil the spoiled...but we do! I have made doggy Birthday cakes...and of course gifts.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
This year for Klondike's birthday, I took all four, and went to McDonald's for plain cheeseburgers. We then headed back home. After that, I took just Klonnie to Petco and let him pick out a toy he wanted.
I made them a Salmon cake for dessert, with soft serve ice cream....take home from McDonald's!:)

·
Old Gold is the Best Gold
18,122 Posts
I spoil them rotten- special meals, long walks, spa sessions, swimming, park time... wait. In other words, just exactly the same as any other day! :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, great ideas!! Thanks for sharing. If there's more, please share !

·
Luke, Maggie, and Tucker
3,045 Posts
Hahahaha, that's fantastic! :)

·
Registered
14,284 Posts
We normally make fools of ourselves and tell them Happy Birthday all day long, tell all of our family members that it's their birthday, buy Frosty Paws for their dessert after dinner and sing Happy Birthday to them. Yes, we are a bit over the top. LOL
What ? No toys? Max gets Frosty Paws, a new toy, and a special dinner - and I sing to him all day long. Not so sure he likes that part!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Apart from food such as treats and steak or chicken for their dinner it has to be toys!
I get so much pleasure in buying my guys toys, I'm a total kid again! Ofcourse, you can't just buy a toy for the birthday girl or boy if you have multiple dogs! Which makes it even more fun. Apart from the usual woobies at the stores such as fish, turtles, frogs and the big ones for our breed I also shop online.

Here are two sites with unusual woobies:

www.dogtoys.com & www.Trendypup.com

My guys also have smellphones, IBones, IPaws and Antonia has a plush pink credit card.

Enjoy & have fun shopping.

AnnieVA

·
Banned
576 Posts
well next week when hunter turns 2 he is getting homemade doggie treats frosty paws and i am taking him to petco to let him pick out a toy and get love from the other people there

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
I make a peanut butter/carrot dog cake I got online , we have lots of presents , hats and singing. Here is Gunner's last birthday. : )
Colin, my grandson blew out Gunner's candles for him!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
For Annabel's 1st Birthday, I invited over family. I served hot dogs and bone shaped sugar cookies for the humans. Made a doggy cake for the birthday girl. Everyone brought wrapped presents.

For Conner's 1st birthday, I went to audit an agility seminar and he was left at home.

My sister says Conner got robbed.

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Oh and I forgot to mention Colby's 1st birthday! He's a rescue so we just guessed a birth date. I bought him a wire crate.

I think I made a bigger deal out of Flip turning 5 months than I did out of any of the birthdays this year. I'm becoming a slacker.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow, wonderful birthday party pics! Thank you for sharing :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts