Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Inactive
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To groom the side of your dog that you are weak on, i.e. I am right-handed so I can make Scout's left ear look really good. However, when it comes to the right it doesn't look as clean or straight and it is awkward trying to figure out where my hands should go (should I train my weaker left hand to cut straighter? Do I still use my right hand but at different angles?).

AND

I've got myself an awesome blow dryer that I love and Scout's coat has been going straighter. Thanks for all the wonderful tips. Now that I have the dryer though I am starting to notice flyaway frizzies. How can I manage those?

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
I'm only a novice at grooming at best...and I sit on the floor/ground when grooming ears. Facing them - I have the dog to the left of me when grooming their left ear and move them to my right to do their right. Same thing if I'm standing behind them to thin. Angles are a little different...but I don't think I could ever trim with my left hand :no:

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
GoldenSail, what hairdryer did you end up purchasing? I have the same problem with a few waves along the topline. Thick and Thicker by Chris Christensen has helped a bit with the flips along the topline but I still want a better topline.

·
Inactive
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GoldenSail, what hairdryer did you end up purchasing? I have the same problem with a few waves along the topline. Thick and Thicker by Chris Christensen has helped a bit with the flips along the topline but I still want a better topline.
I went with the air force metro as it was a more affordable but good option. I still get some butt waves but it has gotten much better and I have yet the patience to get her bone dry (every time I think I am done and stop I notice just a hint of moisture there). So we will see how those go with time, but I can't dry her forever as she only tolerates it for so long right now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts