Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Found my Golden boy!
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im pretty good at Adobe photoshop but Im not even sure what to do?

Every pic I have taken of him, his eyes show up a shiny yellow. Im sure if has something to do with the flash. I really need to get outdoors to take a nice pic of him in the snow.

Any ideas on how to fix it though? Do you just color them in? Thanks.

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
I am not familiar with Photoshop but most photo edit programs have a feature called "red eye". That is what I use to fix mine.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
The yellow glow you get from flash is incredibly hard to fix. It comes from direct flash. The only way I know to avoid it in the first place is to either take your shots in good enough light that doesn't require flash, or what I do is use a flash attachment pointed at a ceiling or wall which provides bounced light and does not cause that glow. You really need some kind of reflection for the eyes to show up good, if not flash try having dog face an open window or some form of light that will reflect in their eyes. Outside try to have dog facing sun or something white that will reflect in the eyes. Otherwise you get solid black eyes that look hollow and dull like this

Below is a picture shot inside with bounced flash, nothing done to correct eyes, just capturing some catch light in the eyes. Could have used a little more light in the eyes but the picture was handy

·
Susan
1,187 Posts
I think that first picture is very pretty; kind of a soulful look. The second is nice too. You have a very pretty dog.

·
Premium Member
18,456 Posts
In Photoshop you can use the clone stamp to copy a dark brown or black spot in the picture then copy it onto the eye with a round brush the right size to cover up the yellow/orange glow. Then clone a white spot in the picture and copy a tiny sized brush onto the dark circle to create the light point.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts