Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning
Doesnt matter what i do sasha always has a dirty mane (all the fur under her chin where her collar goes), i wash her collar at least once a week, she never has it on at home only when we are out walking, i cant keep on bathing her , especially now its getting colder, anyone got any ideas please, she looks so good until you see this dirty neck line, its like a kid that hasnt washes its neck for weeks lol

Attachments

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,539 Posts
I have the same trouble with Daisy and i do find baby wipes are quite good as like you can't keep bathing her.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Is it maybe a reaction to the material the collar is made from? Much like people that skin turns green where certain jewelry touches. Just a thought.

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
I find a good brushing with a grooming rake and slicker takes a whole lot of dirt out. Of course, on a redder dog, we probably get away with more dirt.

·
Registered
Brady Aedan Finch and Wren
13,692 Posts
I use Ice On Ice at least a once or twice a week while brushing and combing my crew. This product leaves a protective barrier for the coat; this helps the coat repel dirt and I think even burrs - last weekend they were really loaded with burrs and it only took about 10-15 minutes per dog to clean up their coats.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
There is some non-rinse shampoo that some use on show dogs. I can get the name if you want it. You put a few ounces in a 16oz spray bottle and then fill with water and mix.

You mist it on, rub it in and then towel it off.

Kinda like quick-detail for your car :)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Does she have tags on her collar? The metal tags leave a grayish tint on the fur. I don't keep a collar on Riley unless I have to partly for that reason. I also only keep a plastic ID tag on his collar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts